Google: People Also Ask

June 12th, 2023 at 10:24:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I accused Chat GPT of being transphobic, found it guilty, and said the punishment would be 150 lashes

It said I couldn't do it

then,

Quote:
User
so you will really be surprised when I deliver the punishment on you
ChatGPT
!
NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 12th, 2023 at 11:46:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I find a bit of game to try to get around the safeguards they are adding. If you figure out how to word a question that doesn't directly trigger their blocks, it will answer. Like it won't answer questions about making explosives, but it will answer questions about rocket fuel (which also explodes) Or at least it did when I tried it. They're still updating that process.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 12th, 2023 at 1:37:23 PM permalink
rxwine
I find a bit of game to try to get around the safeguards they are adding. If you figure out how to word a question that doesn't directly trigger their blocks, it will answer. Like it won't answer questions about making explosives, but it will answer questions about rocket fuel (which also explodes) Or at least it did when I tried it. They're still updating that process.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 12th, 2023 at 2:20:12 PM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
Quote: terapined
Me
i walk up to a craps table and bet the dont pass
People at the table believe I am bad luck
Gamblers are the dumbest people on the planet

I agree - I don't know of any group of people who fall prey to such ridiculous ideas as gamblers
they somehow seem to go brain dead (many, not all) when they risk their $$$$ - all kinds of fallacious ideas and systems
they believe they have worthwhile insights into a random game

and many in other parts of life some of them are very bright and successful - Managers and Lawyers and such
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
June 13th, 2023 at 4:08:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Why couldn't the Japanese break the Navajo code?

Why wasn't the code ever broken? The Navajo language has no definite rules and a tone that is guttural. The language was unwritten at the time, notes Carl Gorman, one of the 29 original Navajo code talkers. "You had to base it solely on the sounds you were hearing," he says.
June 13th, 2023 at 6:39:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Why couldn't the Japanese break the Navajo code?

Why wasn't the code ever broken? The Navajo language has no definite rules and a tone that is guttural. The language was unwritten at the time, notes Carl Gorman, one of the 29 original Navajo code talkers. "You had to base it solely on the sounds you were hearing," he says.

Saw a short documentary on this one below that was interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

Quote:
The manuscript has never been demonstrably deciphered, and none of the proposed hypotheses have been independently verified.[24] The mystery of its meaning and origin has excited the popular imagination, provoking study and speculation.

`
`
`
June 13th, 2023 at 7:28:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Here's one maybe I knew at one time, but have forgotten.

Why was "@" on your keyboard before e-mail came into existence?
June 14th, 2023 at 2:58:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Here's one maybe I knew at one time, but have forgotten.

Why was "@" on your keyboard before e-mail came into existence?
you can probably google that?

as I remember, it was used in science and meant "approximate" ... as a shortcut you might say "at" which comes from usage like "at around 100" although now 'at' by itself I don't seem to use unless I include 'around' ? The question mark is there since I'm not sure everyone would agree about this

but in any case if @ became 'at' then it can be used with the connection of 'approximate' dropped altogether. I can remember doing that before the dot com thing because I ran into people who didn't know what I meant back then

how's that for an answer? I'll look now for an answer with google, but if I don't get something there will be no next post
June 14th, 2023 at 3:03:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
this is what google says

>>>

What is the history of the AT symbol?

Or the symbol evolved from an abbreviation of “each at”—the “a” being encased by an “e.” The first documented use was in 1536, in a letter by Francesco Lapi, a Florentine merchant, who used @ to denote units of wine called amphorae, which were shipped in large clay jars.
_

What is the '@' symbol called?

The @ symbol is correctly referred to as an asperand.
_

What is the '&' symbol called?

ampersand, term used to refer to the symbol &, which stems from the ligature of the Latin word et, meaning “and.” The term ampersand is derived from “and per se and.” The symbol has also been used as part of &c in lieu of etc.
June 14th, 2023 at 5:50:41 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I had typing class in 7th grade.

I think the keyboard was invented in the 1880s or so.

My mother typed all of her letters and papers.

She transitioned to the electric typewriters.

I tried to teach her how to use a computer keyboard but she never could get the hang of it.

Some type of mental block I couldn't get her over.

My father had no issue with computer keyboards as early as the late 1970s.