Israeli conflict

October 12th, 2023 at 11:57:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tanko
Hamas holding up to 150 hostages. Israel holding entire Gaza Strip hostage in return. Dropping leaflets warning residents to move out of neighborhoods they are going to level with their bombs. Rescue efforts hampered by lack of fuel, which has been cut off by Israel. No food. No electricity either. Israel offering to restore the electricity if they give up the hostages. Thousands of troops will be sent in once Gaza is sufficiently softened. Palestinians getting what they voted for.

Maybe Iran should start flying the people from Gaza to New York. The bulk of them are certainly legitimate refugees and there is no US border to worry about. AMS would like it since he says we need the workers.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 12th, 2023 at 12:03:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Maybe Iran should start flying the people from Gaza to New York. The bulk of them are certainly legitimate refugees and there is no US border to worry about. AMS would like it since he says we need the workers.

I’d prefer we get our workers from the southern border.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 12th, 2023 at 12:15:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
They look like future Canadians to me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2023 at 2:55:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
How is protecting a border xenophobic? If border security is a problem then yes, it will be a central part of a campaign. The problem is you are so afraid of being un-PC that you are against commonsense things lest you not be.

It is not, but the way it was advertised (by Trump) was. Just like if you watch an advert from 1940 about Coke that is sexist, drinking Coke is not sexist, but the way it was encouraged was. I am not sure how else I can demonstrate this. An idea or action can be good, it can be expressed bad.
October 12th, 2023 at 5:40:45 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I suspect Iran is in fact pulling the strings on this one, and I believe they hope to have Israel fight a three front war: Gaza, Golan Heights and West Bank.

That would be difficult for Israel but with US aid Israel would clean their clock.

This is absolutely Iran.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 12th, 2023 at 6:42:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DRich
This is absolutely Iran.

Why then is it taking so long for "proof" to be found?

Mossad, CIA, NSA...all must be working overtime and so far: not a damned thing has been found (and reported: there may be proof which is being held back).

I sort of hope Israel nukes Iran: it is inevitable, so might as well get it over with.
October 13th, 2023 at 5:30:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
In a new low, a Palestinian pizzeria in the West Bank used a picture of an elderly hostage in an advertisement.

The pizzeria is now rubble.

Owner now says he’s sorry. Didn’t know it was a hostage. Right….
October 13th, 2023 at 5:41:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
In a new low, a Palestinian pizzeria in the West Bank used a picture of an elderly hostage in an advertisement.

The pizzeria is now rubble.

Owner now says he’s sorry. Didn’t know it was a hostage. Right….

I know it is not the most important point. But, I can't even imagine what a Palestinian Pizza is, but it sounds terrible.

(I have also never seen decent pizza in the middle east anywhere. Even big chains taste odd in the ME, I think its something with the cheese.)

Honestly "Palestinian Pizza" almost sounds like code for some kind of weapon.
October 13th, 2023 at 6:46:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Human Shields

"Israel has warned the 1.1 million people living in the north of Gaza to evacuate the area within 24 hours as a "humanitarian step in order to minimize civilian casualties" ahead of the military's response to Hamas' terrorist attacks"

'A diplomatic source told Fox News' Trey Yingst that Hamas is preventing Palestinians from evacuating areas targeted for Israeli airstrikes. During a live report Friday morning, Yingst said a senior official with the terrorist group told him evacuation is "technically impossible."

Ground assault will be difficult.

Israeli troops facing guerrilla warfare, hostages ‘laden with traps’ in Gaza’s 300-mile tunnel system
October 13th, 2023 at 7:00:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't think the odds are great in getting out as a live hostage. I know the families want to keep hope up, but short of a deal, I think the chances are slim.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?