What if...

December 5th, 2023 at 4:26:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I’m fine if that is the most pressing recent and worse discrimination currently. I’m filing that you’re a clueless boob, who has little understanding of the issue.

Well, Irish are one of the groups that universities openly discriminate against, along with Asians, in their diversity programs. Meanwhile the same universities give preference to blacks. So I am assuming you are OK?
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2023 at 4:31:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, Irish are one of the groups that universities openly discriminate against, along with Asians, in their diversity programs. Meanwhile the same universities give preference to blacks. So I am assuming you are OK?

Policies are implemented and eventually need to be replaced with new polices. It’s not exactly a smooth process for anyone and there rarely is immediate course correction. But it does happen eventually.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 5th, 2023 at 4:54:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
She was in the chosen group so she wasn't discriminated against. The 95% of the population that were excluded from being picked for the job by Biden's criteria were definitely discriminated against.

If the President of Mega Corp said he would only consider white males for his vice-president you have to admit he his ass would be out of there in minutes.

Again, Republicans haven't been using most qualified test either. The primary qualification is bringing in the votes for N0. 1 on the ticket. You could probably find a more qualified self-identified atheist for vice president than ones that have been picked. Doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 5th, 2023 at 4:55:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Policies are implemented and eventually need to be replaced with new polices. It’s not exactly a smooth process for anyone and there rarely is immediate course correction. But it does happen eventually.

Wouldn't it be better to just say nobody gets preference on skin color and go forward basing things on merit?
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2023 at 5:29:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Listen, I don't want to moderate for content, but implying that a specific person is actually a member of a hate group is really pushing the line. Cool?

Who was I referring to?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 6th, 2023 at 3:48:38 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: GenoDRPh
Who did Biden pick for skin color and gender? KH had elected office credentials before Joe picked her.
I had to look it up to see what is fact for sure. Interestingly, googling it, it was hard to find as there are tons of MSM articles clearly written for the purposes of deflection. But if you dig deep enough, you find that Biden definitely said during a debate that he would pick a woman for VP ... and confirmed it again later. I didn't find it where he might have said a certain race too.

I think we all know he might as well have said it, it's definitely what he was out to do. You, too, know this, protests to the contrary totally unconvincing
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 6th, 2023 at 5:04:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The whole argument about HOW the Vice President was selected would not even a legitimate discussion if President Biden had not stated his intentions.

He actually undermined her by announcing a criteria instead of just picking someone and stating that he felt he had selected the best potential person to be his running mate.

He picked who he picked; everyone has to judge their work against the potential work of other candidates.

Judge her as a VP and potential President.
December 6th, 2023 at 5:26:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
The whole argument about HOW the Vice President was selected would not even a legitimate discussion if President Biden had not stated his intentions.

He actually undermined her by announcing a criteria instead of just picking someone and stating that he felt he had selected the best potential person to be his running mate.

He picked who he picked; everyone has to judge their work against the potential work of other candidates.

He did the exact same thing with his SCOTUS pick. It is the Democrat playbook. Say how important skin color is to you while claiming the other guy is the racist. We see it in Biden, we see it on this board.
The President is a fink.
December 6th, 2023 at 7:18:56 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Who was I referring to?

The person whose post immediately preceded yours and took place only eighteen minutes prior.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 6th, 2023 at 7:24:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC

I agree with RonC's take.

There's no need to telegraph that you're going to announce a minority female to be your running mate as opposed to simply announcing your running mate and having that person be a minority female.

The only thing that it does is create division (which was probably one of Biden's goals) and enables people to question her qualifications as she could be seen, by some, as the best available choice who fit the priors required to even be a potential running mate.

Is Kamala, in fact, qualified to be the VP? Well, she's certainly no less qualified to be the VP than Trump was to be POTUS. In order to be qualified to be a VP, all that's strictly required is that you are Constitutionally capable of becoming the POTUS, should something happen to be the POTUS.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman