Random Thought of the Day

July 16th, 2014 at 8:03:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I read somewhere that wasps serve no purpose
in nature. They aren't food for some other creatures
and they don't eat any annoying insects, like bats
eat mosquitos. They're just here to annoy everybody.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2014 at 7:55:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Frustration: when a store runs a 2-for-1 sale on lingerie and you don't need any lingerie at all.

The cure:

1) Go to the store anyway and see if there's something you want.
2) Go to a cooking store and get some things you actually need and want.
3) All of the above.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 17th, 2014 at 9:41:56 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Bob: Not true. Parasitic wasps don't sting, but they take care of garden pests. A great deal of agricultural control is done using these creatures rather than using herbicides. There are species that are just devoted to finding and killing one or two species of bug, so you can procure specialized wasps for specialized controls, and once the food source is gone, so are they.

I just learned about. Yellowjackets, hornets, and a few kinds of wasps are just looking for sugar, which is why we get bothered.
August 3rd, 2014 at 1:56:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Why. Or, why not?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2014 at 2:48:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Were it not for the fact that Quantum Physics is documented to have arisen, slowly and reluctantly, from observations over several years, it would be universally believed to be a ploy by physicists to drive the world insane.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 16th, 2014 at 12:15:17 AM permalink
rxwine
You can never really say you've heard everything -- 'cause something else generally comes along.

Quote:
But a picture gradually emerged. Prokopova has been playing miniature golf since she was 3 years old, she said. Because there is so little money in it, she relies on fees from exhibitions and on corporate sponsors. “My mum and my dad must also give me money,” she said.

She sometimes finds it lonely. “Because I play all the time, I haven’t got many friends, but I like the players here — they are like my second family,” she said. “I’ve been coming here since I was 7 years old, and I know everyone.”

She trains so intensely that she has had operations on a wrist and on both knees. She would not reveal her training methods — “It’s our secret, how we practice,” she said — but did allow that she takes 14 vitamin and herbal supplements a day, and that “I have to eat light food before I play, or else I can’t bend down and pick up the ball.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/sports/golf/mini-golfs-fresh-face-not-a-clowns-olivia-prokopova.html?_r=0
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 16th, 2014 at 4:41:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Scientist talking on a 2011 episode of History Channel's "The Universe,"

[paraphrasing] "Dark Energy is a phrase that's used to cover up our complete ignorance of this phenomenon. "
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 28th, 2014 at 10:34:20 PM permalink
rxwine
August 28th, 2014 at 11:39:51 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Elvis cults on Facebook who believe he is still alive. They watch some documentary or something about it or have believed before. One called "The Return of Elvis" where people lie saying they're his cousin or some other fraudulent story. Then it's like Harold CAMPING and they say he is coming back worldwide on some special date like a birthday then doesn't show up because too many believers or too much negativity in the group. Funny reading them say stuff like their whole family thinks they're crazy, but they believe Anyways. Probably just kicked out FOR SUGGESTING A SEANCE ASKING ROBIN WILLIAMS WHERE ELVIS IS.
August 28th, 2014 at 11:43:22 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Nareed
Were it not for the fact that Quantum Physics is documented to have arisen, slowly and reluctantly, from observations over several years, it would be universally believed to be a ploy by physicists to drive the world insane.
Saw article about the hologram experiment to test if the whole universe is a hologram. It would make sense, so yes they are trying to drive us crazy.