Random Thought of the Day

February 1st, 2017 at 1:32:17 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: kenarman
Just got back from Los Algodones, Mexico Face doing a dental trip. I thought I needed a crown but after several scans the dentist thought everything was fine and that I didn't need any work. Cost for scans, cleaning and check-up $40. My wife got root canal and crown on a molar and root canal crown on a canine. Total cost $1200. Take a free holiday Face, the dental savings will more than pay for it.

Thanks for the continued suggestion, and gratz on skating by free and clear =)

At the moment I'm looking a lot better. A huge problem, which I've sort of touched on in a few threads, is the impossibility (IMO) of having the proper info to make an educated insurance purchase. I tried my best, but with my limited knowledge, did not get a good plan for what I needed. Wasn't a good plan, period.

That angel behind the desk that helped me out for an hour to find a plan targeted to my needs really changed the financial hit. The $2,200 I quoted was the hard part and includes a big chunk of my poor purchase. The next $3k+ will be mostly on their dime and will complete what I suppose could be considered the "urgent" work. As I stand now I am out of pain, and upon return from vacay, I have an appt to get me out of discomfort. From there, it's just piecemeal tidying up and maintenance, which I can space out and work within insurance allowances and my own personal finances.

Big thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm making it work.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 1st, 2017 at 1:39:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Big thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm making it work.
But next month is the Parker 400 just a stones throw away. Get a crown and an amazing off road race, get dried out [its 76] and still save change.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 1st, 2017 at 2:15:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
As I stand now I am out of pain, and upon return from vacay, I have an appt to get me out of discomfort. From there, it's just piecemeal tidying up and maintenance, which I can space out and work within insurance allowances and my own personal finances.

Now if the PO work drives you nuts, you'll have an effective biting attack as well.

Interesting PO = could stand for Post Office or Pissed Off. And POW could also stand for Post Office Worker.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 1st, 2017 at 2:21:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
But next month is the Parker 400 just a stones throw away. Get a crown and an amazing off road race, get dried out [its 76] and still save change.

I am pretty sure it is this weekend. I was talking to one of our pilots and he said he was taking the chase helicopter down on Friday.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 1st, 2017 at 4:29:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Quote: petroglyph

I am pretty sure it is this weekend. I was talking to one of our pilots and he said he was taking the chase helicopter down on Friday.
Good call, Parker 425 from Feb. 2-5th. My brain was still in January. Thanks
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 3rd, 2017 at 12:35:53 AM permalink
rxwine
The Cherry Sisters.

Quote:
The Cherry Sisters' vaudeville act, Something Good, Something Sad, was infamous for its poor quality and the vehement responses it elicited by audiences, who threw vegetables and disrupted performances. The sisters toured with the act for ten years, during which time they briefly appeared on Broadway.

In 1896, the Cherry Sisters were brought to Broadway by impresario Willie Hammerstein in an attempt to attract attention to his floundering new venue, the Olympia Music Hall.[8] His rationale, as given in an interview, was, "I've been putting on the best talent, and it hasn't gone over...I'm going to try the worst."[2] The theory was sound: Something Good, Something Sad saved Hammerstein from bankruptcy only twelve days after opening on November 16, and ran for six weeks, drawing audiences who were curious to see the act the New York Times referred to as "Four Freaks from Iowa".[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Sisters
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2017 at 5:15:38 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: rxwine
The Cherry Sisters.

Leading directly to Kim Kardashian and "America's Got Talent."
February 3rd, 2017 at 7:11:23 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
I miss the Gong show.
February 10th, 2017 at 3:28:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Tracy Morgan may have the best fight story I've heard. He had a crush on a girl in grade school, and didn't know how to express it, so punched her in the arm, and then she whipped his ass in front of all his friends.
February 16th, 2017 at 7:03:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Valentine's Day should be a paid holiday with time off.

No particular reason for it. I just could use another day off in February.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER