Random Thought of the Day

May 27th, 2021 at 6:13:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I do not remember the last day I didn’t go golfing! (If I tried I could figure it out). Played at nicest course in Buffalo yesterday. Friend had to work a few hours in the morning and wasn’t sure when the cases would be done. Called at 10:15, asked if I could play at 11:00. (He is a member; I’d be his guest). Arrived 10:55. On first tee at 11:00. Of course by 2:00. For those who do not golf a 3 hour round is spectacular. We only caught one foursome and they politely let us play through.

I am a tad jealous, but I like playing different courses more than the ‘luxury’ of having one course to belong to. Glen Oak this morning.....

I played the lake Powell National golf course in Page AZ recently. Course sits high on a plateau. Beautiful views of the dam and the lake. Some of the tees are real launch pads as you are teeing high off a cliff to a hole down below. A lot of fun
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 27th, 2021 at 6:31:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I do not remember the last day I didn’t go golfing! (If I tried I could figure it out). Played at nicest course in Buffalo yesterday. Friend had to work a few hours in the morning and wasn’t sure when the cases would be done. Called at 10:15, asked if I could play at 11:00. (He is a member; I’d be his guest). Arrived 10:55. On first tee at 11:00. Of course by 2:00. For those who do not golf a 3 hour round is spectacular. We only caught one foursome and they politely let us play through.

I am a tad jealous, but I like playing different courses more than the ‘luxury’ of having one course to belong to. Glen Oak this morning.....

I am very jealous at the amount of golfing that you are doing. Since I have been unemployed the wife has me on a restriction of one round of golf per week. I tried to explain to her that my unemployment money would cover about four rounds per week but she seems to be prioritizing paying bills over recreation.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 27th, 2021 at 10:44:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
I am very jealous at the amount of golfing that you are doing. Since I have been unemployed the wife has me on a restriction of one round of golf per week. I tried to explain to her that my unemployment money would cover about four rounds per week but she seems to be prioritizing paying bills over recreation.

Trade her in....
May 27th, 2021 at 12:22:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
I played the lake Powell National golf course in Page AZ recently. Course sits high on a plateau. Beautiful views of the dam and the lake. Some of the tees are real launch pads as you are teeing high off a cliff to a hole down below. A lot of fun
There is a very good campground down at Wahweap Marina. Take the cruise boat up to Rainbow rock. It has medicinal meaning to the natives and is a site to behold. You can walk near to under it and feel the magnetic energy it gives off, if your sensitive to that kind of thing. A beautiful ride. We lived just north of town at Greenhaven for five years. World class views of lone rock, Navajo mountain etc.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 27th, 2021 at 3:38:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Trade her in....

I can't yet, she is supporting me. Besides, I kind of like her and she surprised me this week and said she is ready to move to Florida. I put an offer on a house the same day but didn't get it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 27th, 2021 at 4:08:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
... and she surprised me this week and said she is ready to move to Florida.

Oh oh! I wonder if that means it's going to start getting unusually chilly here.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 30th, 2021 at 4:20:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: link
If someone dies on Everest, it's almost impossible to retrieve their body, especially in the Death Zone. Due to unbearable weather conditions, severe lack of oxygen, pressure on dead weight, and the fact that many bodies on Mount Everest are completely frozen onto the mountain face, most corpses are left exactly as they fall.
https://www.thehorrorzine.com/Morbid/Everest/MtEverest.html
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 2nd, 2021 at 5:31:12 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
googled: Which countries do not use toilet paper?

Quote:
France, Portugal, Italy, Japan, Argentina, Venezuela, and Spain: Instead of toilet paper, people from these countries (most of them from Europe) usually have a bidet in their washrooms. A bidet like a toilet, but also includes a spout that streams water like a water fountain to rinse you clean

I would guess this means approx. 50% of the population in some of these countries manage in some other way, presumably with no toilet paper to buy in the stores
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 3rd, 2021 at 12:02:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
FDA is warning people not to eat Cicadas if you have shellfish allergy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2021 at 6:46:55 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://tasteofcountry.com/willie-nelson-outlaw-music-festival-tour-2021/

In Phoenix during Oct.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW