December 31st, 2021 at 7:09:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
not to the Toobin level I guess
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 31st, 2021 at 12:09:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Evenbob probably needs a couple of dozen of these for his Walmart shopping. (though I don't think Walmart has this yet)

Quote:
Amazon Dash Smart Shelf – Our auto-replenishment scale senses the weight of everyday items and places a reorder or notifies you when you’re running low.
Never run out – Dash Smart Shelf makes it easy to stay stocked on your favorite pantry staples, office supplies, pet products, and more.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 1st, 2022 at 9:04:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Read two stories of people who traded their way to a house from a paperclip. Rule is not to spend money on your way there. I suppose shipping is excluded cost. I think one was a tiny house. Not sure about the other one.

I knew a guy who collected cereal boxes. Only point being, eventually someone will want almost anything bad enough to give you something they no longer want.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2022 at 8:06:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Elderly in Japan die every year on this.

Quote:
According to a 2020 letter in the medical journal Resuscitation, mochi accounts for up to 13.9% of foreign body airway obstruction (FBAO) cases in Japan. In Tokyo, 482 patients were hospitalized after chocking on the rice cakes over a span of five years.

In 2001, a woman saved her father's life when she used a vacuum cleaner to pull mochi from the 70-year-old man's throat.

SOOPOO, would you use a vacuum cleaner to remove an airway obstuction? If so, what brand? Hoover?
January 3rd, 2022 at 7:55:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Didn't Bell & Howell use to be a legit company. Now they seem to put their name on cheesy 'as seen of TV' products.' I guess that's still a company.

Reminds me, I didn't see one commercial this Christmas for Chia Head, or The Clapper.
January 3rd, 2022 at 8:12:20 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Didn't Bell & Howell use to be a legit company. Now they seem to put their name on cheesy 'as seen of TV' products.' I guess that's still a company.

Reminds me, I didn't see one commercial this Christmas for Chia Head, or The Clapper.

Who would need The Clapper? I guess it could perhaps have a use if a person is mute, but these days, you can just ask Siri to turn the lights off…or to dim them…or to change the color of the lights…etc.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 4th, 2022 at 6:17:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
Who would need The Clapper? I guess it could perhaps have a use if a person is mute, but these days, you can just ask Siri to turn the lights off…or to dim them…or to change the color of the lights…etc.

Hahha, yeah, darnit rxwine, welcome myself to the 21st century.
January 4th, 2022 at 7:19:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Hahha, yeah, darnit rxwine, welcome myself to the 21st century.

It's okay, but for my fiancee' having this thing, I'd just use the light switch the old-fashioned way. I guess it somehow screws it up if I use the light switch, for some reason, and then she has to set the whatever-the-hell-it-is up again.

At least the bathroom is still a light switch.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 4th, 2022 at 8:15:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
It's okay, but for my fiancee' having this thing, I'd just use the light switch the old-fashioned way. I guess it somehow screws it up if I use the light switch, for some reason, and then she has to set the whatever-the-hell-it-is up again.

At least the bathroom is still a light switch.

Well I might consider getting Siri if they actually make it useful. Siri, make my wife shut-up.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 4th, 2022 at 8:38:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
Well I might consider getting Siri if they actually make it useful. Siri, make my wife shut-up.

Depending on how quality your sound system is in your house, you could ask Siri to play a particular song at max volume.