Random Thought of the Day

April 30th, 2022 at 12:56:23 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I keep seeing Route 66 references today. I was wondering if today is the Anniversary of the establishment of Route 66. I looked it up, and Route 66 was established in November. Why the constant references to it now? 🤔
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
April 30th, 2022 at 2:35:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Riverjordan
I keep seeing Route 66 references today. I was wondering if today is the Anniversary of the establishment of Route 66. I looked it up, and Route 66 was established in November. Why the constant references to it now? 🤔

I love route 66
I've seen many of the landmarks in person
The round barn is a personal favorite because they had live music outside. The theory behind the round barn is that a tornado would go around it.
Interesting enough
Not very popular with Americans
But Euporean tourists love it
Covid hit all the 66 landmarks hard
Most of their business is from European tourists, not Americans.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 30th, 2022 at 10:32:27 PM permalink
Riverjordan
On my Family Feud app, one of the games asked,"Name something people prefer to be hard." My Opponent answered,"Body." My Opponent got an X. One of the right answers was Bodies." WTF? I would have been pissed if I were my Opponent.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
May 1st, 2022 at 3:04:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Good source of psychedelic mushrooms

These mushrooms “feed on wood that's had a lot of the good stuff already taken out of it” explains Jason Slot, a biologist who studies fungal evolutionary genetics at Ohio State University. They don’t want the freshly fallen wood, but stuff that is a bit more broken down, he says. “The sugars are long gone, and other fungi have already had their chance at the simpler carbohydrates like cellulose.” Put simply, they love wood chips.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 2nd, 2022 at 11:44:46 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I have Xfinity for cable TV and just learned a neat trick.

Press the voice button and say "Electric sheep screensaver."

This will show several options, all are psychedelic, computer generated eye candy; one has music and a trippy voice muttering "Magic mushrooms."

Wow, imagine being a young 'un with a head full of acid seeing this for the first time: it would eclipse Disney's "Fantasia" which was my "high point."
May 2nd, 2022 at 2:27:25 PM permalink
Riverjordan
I was looking up Coffee with milk, and one link said something like, "Do not add cold milk to hot coffee. It's a huge mistake. Just don't do it. " Uh, adding cold milk to hot coffee is a Latte and it's definitely not a huge mistake. 🙄 Lattes are delicious!
May 2nd, 2022 at 2:40:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: odiousgambit
since you are a lawyer I guess that's tongue in cheek.

Here is a much-seen video that explains.

What is often missed is that this person is addressing lawyers or law students.

He is *not* telling the general public not to cooperate with the police 'period'. However, at least until you get a lawyer, you may need to be your own lawyer. You need to know it is up to the police/prosecution to prove their case and you are not required to give evidence against yourself. A common example is that you should stfu when asked 'do you know why I pulled you over?'

If you take the time to investigate you will find website after website written by current and former police officers who tell you do not talk to the police unless you have something you want to tell them. Do not answer their questions, in fact do not talk to anybody who says they're in charge, anybody who claims to represent a branch of government. They are almost never there to do you a favor they are there to do you harm. To try and catch you in a lie or get you to say things they can use against you later. The police officers on these websites even tell this to their own children, do not talk to the police. You may think you're really smart and can say things they can't use, but they'll just lie. They lie all the time to make their case. Especially do not let them threaten you into talking, if they make a threat of any kind tell them to go ahead and go through with it because they're bluffing. The only thing that can make you talk is a court order signed by a judge. And if they could get one they would already have one. So just shut up and tell them you ain't talking.

It's the same way with insurance adjusters, they will try and get you to say things they can use against you. They will also try and give you the smallest amount of money possible because that's their job they get rewarded for that. If you stick to your guns and do not let them wear you down you will win eventually and get the money you want because they will get tired of it and go away.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 7th, 2022 at 7:09:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It's kinda weird seeing someone on TV who looks like someone you use to know. But it's still the younger version of them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 7th, 2022 at 7:37:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Riverjordan
I was looking up Coffee with milk, and one link said something like, "Do not add cold milk to hot coffee. It's a huge mistake. Just don't do it. " Uh, adding cold milk to hot coffee is a Latte and it's definitely not a huge mistake. 🙄 Lattes are delicious!

Cream makes the difference in a good cup of coffee
I'll take cream over milk in coffee any day
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 7th, 2022 at 8:06:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Cream makes the difference in a good cup of coffee
I'll take cream over milk in coffee any day

I enjoy a good White Russian. Most places just add milk but good places use heavy cream.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.