Random Thought of the Day

April 6th, 2022 at 3:06:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
Speaking to that, I was reading a website written by a former police lieutenant who said if the police ever interview you and you do not want to be interviewed you don't have to tell them anything except your name. He said the police are almost never there to do you any favors they are there to get things to use against you. So make them work for any information they want because he said police are extremely lazy for the most part and they want other people to do their investigation work for them. Police make lots of bad decisions and arrest the wrong people or at least accuse the wrong people because they're lazy. The smartest people in the world do not become police officers.
If you watch true crime TV you see person after person getting grilled in interviews, sweating it out, making mistakes, getting caught in lies, all completely avoidable by saying "I'm not talking to you, where's my lawyer'

you don't want to get caught in a lie. This opens up the floodgates for what they can do, for example a judge will likely now allow them to search your house, computer etc

Even if you want to give yourself up, you do that by using your lawyer, who can get a deal. Any 'deal' a policeman offers you is BS, he can't do squat. He is 100% allowed to lie about that.

Having said all that, it bothers me to hear people say they won't talk to the police at all. This may or may not be wise, but basically if there is no reason to believe you are a suspect, you should cooperate if you can help, maybe you were a witness to something.

If a possible suspect, the opposite, absolutely not! Even if you stick to the absolute truth, this can be twisted around on you.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 6th, 2022 at 10:47:02 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Don't talk to the police if you're a suspect?

What about "The truth will set you free?"
April 6th, 2022 at 1:10:34 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Don't talk to the police if you're a suspect?

What about "The truth will set you free?"
since you are a lawyer I guess that's tongue in cheek.

Here is a much-seen video that explains.

What is often missed is that this person is addressing lawyers or law students.

He is *not* telling the general public not to cooperate with the police 'period'. However, at least until you get a lawyer, you may need to be your own lawyer. You need to know it is up to the police/prosecution to prove their case and you are not required to give evidence against yourself. A common example is that you should stfu when asked 'do you know why I pulled you over?'

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 9th, 2022 at 5:54:25 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vduy9tfGUta1NnV2A

This is one of the nastiest things I have seen lately IMHO. My God. I find this disgusting.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
April 22nd, 2022 at 11:53:22 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I listened to Jaws Theme song by John Williams and there is an interesting part where the song turns cheerful, playful, and light, but if you listen closely, you can hear the suspenseful, troubling music is still lurking (pun intended, lol) even under the cheerful, playful and light music, implying a false sense of security in a way, as if you think the danger is over when the light, cheerful, playful music plays, but the danger is still there.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
April 23rd, 2022 at 1:00:02 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
April 27th, 2022 at 8:06:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Turned on The Price is Right. When did Bob Barker leave???

j/k

Looks like Drew Carey has plumped up. He looks more like he is his former sitcom weight.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2022 at 8:07:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Turned on The Price is Right. When did Bob Barker leave???

j/k

Looks like Drew Carey has plumped up. He looks more he is his former sitcom weight.

I'm watching a Netflix documentary regarding perfect bidding on the Price is right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 27th, 2022 at 8:20:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
I'm watching a Netflix documentary regarding perfect bidding on the Price is right

Did you ever get an antenna and a tv to pull in whatever regular channels are in the area where you are traveling?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 27th, 2022 at 8:36:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Did you ever get an antenna and a tv to pull in whatever regular channels are in the area where you are traveling?

I watch a lot of TV on my phone
Netflix,HBO max and Sling
If I have good WiFi at the campground I use my TV
Otherwise use my phone
I have unlimited data
I don't watch regular channels on my TV unless it's sports
ABC sometimes has NBA playoff games so I'll watch that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"