What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

December 25th, 2018 at 3:07:33 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
I have never seen Get Out - worth a rental?
December 25th, 2018 at 3:17:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

I have never seen Get Out - worth a rental?

If you like blatant racism from a
black writer and director.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2018 at 3:35:10 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob

😳
December 25th, 2018 at 4:26:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
😳

Get Out is a Racist Movie

There isn't one good Caucasian in this movie. Every single one is racist, egocentric, deluded, deceitful, immoral, and the list goes on. Every single African-American is down to earth, authentic, humorous, and so on. During the movie, I was watching evil vs good or black vs white, which was clear as day. However, this is an anti-racism movie, isn't it? Then why are there so many stark contrasts? Abolishing racism isn't about creating two polar opposites, in fact, that is exactly what racism is!

There's nothing new, or refreshing about this horrible "movie". It's no better than a WWII Nazi propaganda film. There's no "social commentary" in this atrocious excuse of a movie, BUT it's definitely riddled with racist agitprop. It's like an SJW's version of Orwell's ANIMAL FARM..."Black people gooood...white people baaaad!". Instead of creating a film that would help revitalize a quickly stagnating genre, Jordan Peele has created nothing more than a piece of propagating filth. Rather than trying to make a film showing the unity of the human race, he drives a wedge of contention between the races...further fueling bigotry, and hate. It's pompousness, and arrogance that strokes the flames, NOT genius. If I could rate this drivel less than 1, I would. Stay far, far away from this!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 25th, 2018 at 5:02:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Did pretty well for racist drivel.

Budget
$4.5 million
Box office
$255.4 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Out
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 25th, 2018 at 8:38:32 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Just saw an extended trailer for a new black horror film opening in March. It looked awful. Not sure what the name was, but I'll look.

It's called "Us". It's another Jordan Peele movie.

Ok, I see that's what ams/AoS posted above, sorry, the video was masked on my phone.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 26th, 2018 at 2:59:25 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
😳

I am not well versed in more complex emojis.

A yellow face with raised eyebrows, a small, closed mouth, wide, white eyes staring straight ahead, and blushing cheeks. Intended to depict such feelings as embarrassment, but meaning very widely varies. Other senses include flattery, surprise, disbelief, admiration, affection, and excitement.

My guess is your intention was "disbelief", but I could be wrong.

==================================
The study of racism in the movie Crash (2004), was pretty interesting.

The first white characters we meet are Jean and Rick Cabot, an L.A. District Attorney and his wife, played by Brendan Fraser and Sandra Bullock. These are beautiful, confident, well-off characters whose social status is evident at first sight. Jean grabs her husband's arm upon seeing two young black men in the street and Anthony, played by Ludacris, notes she is a typical racist white woman for expressing her fear in such a safe place. Anthony goes on to steal her car. In a sense, Haggis demonstrates Jean's racist behavior but goes on to justify her decision when the black men actualize her fears.

The movie depicted a variety of White people, African American men and women, several Hispanic characters, a Persian family, and several Asians. The only one that seems to come off well is the Hispanic locksmith.
December 26th, 2018 at 5:27:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

lol

Of course this would be EB’s opinion about Get Out (which I’m sure he’s never even seen, as it isn’t on any streaming service).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 26th, 2018 at 5:51:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
There isn't one good Caucasian in this movie.
Though this is true, why take it personally? The movie works if you ask me and is worth seeing. What's remarkable is that Peele both wrote and directed it, it's interesting.

If "US" has nothing but evil white people, that's going to get tiresome, sure.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 26th, 2018 at 10:05:30 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Pacomartin
😳

I am not well versed in more complex emojis.

A yellow face with raised eyebrows, a small, closed mouth, wide, white eyes staring straight ahead, and blushing cheeks. Intended to depict such feelings as embarrassment, but meaning very widely varies. Other senses include flattery, surprise, disbelief, admiration, affection, and excitement.

My guess is your intention was "disbelief", but I could be wrong.

==================================
The study of racism in the movie Crash (2004), was pretty interesting.

The first white characters we meet are Jean and Rick Cabot, an L.A. District Attorney and his wife, played by Brendan Fraser and Sandra Bullock. These are beautiful, confident, well-off characters whose social status is evident at first sight. Jean grabs her husband's arm upon seeing two young black men in the street and Anthony, played by Ludacris, notes she is a typical racist white woman for expressing her fear in such a safe place. Anthony goes on to steal her car. In a sense, Haggis demonstrates Jean's racist behavior but goes on to justify her decision when the black men actualize her fears.

The movie depicted a variety of White people, African American men and women, several Hispanic characters, a Persian family, and several Asians. The only one that seems to come off well is the Hispanic locksmith.

It was "surprise"