What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

March 11th, 2022 at 4:36:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This is kind of crazy. A biopic of Billy Joel is being made even though he won’t approve the rights to use his name, likeness, or music.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2022 at 4:47:56 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
This is kind of crazy. A biopic of Billy Joel is being made even though he won’t approve the rights to use his name, likeness, or music.

I didn't know there was anything compelling about the Billy Joel story.
Sounds about as dumb as Jonas Hill playing Jerry Garcia
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2022 at 5:20:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Netflix Formula 1
Half way through the 1st season as Renault and Red Bull racing having issues with each other
So far really enjoying this
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 22nd, 2022 at 7:10:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I had to go look at how old Jennifer Love Hewitt was (age 43 btw) because I just saw some recent Instagram photos and I hope she likes her new plastic surgery face, because she's got that super-stretched unnatural look.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2022 at 12:14:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
March 24th, 2022 at 11:54:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Netflix, The Adam Project. Another well-written time travel movie with a stellar cast. Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Garner, Zoe Saldana. It's a family-oriented movie but it's really well done and really interesting. I don't think it's possible for Ryan Reynolds to make a bad movie. It inadvertently points out why time travel to the past will never happen. There are some experts on this who say if there ever is time travel it will only be from the past to the future you can't go back once you're in the future. The past has already happened, it's a closed-door. It's entertaining to contemplate though. This is a total guy movie, we all want to go back and change certain things in our past that are totally different than the things most women would want to change.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2022 at 9:36:40 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Just watched "Roadrunner, a Film About Anthony Bourdain."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihEEjwRlghQ

A "must see" for his fans; a very well done homage to the man that delves pretty deeply into the dark side.
March 27th, 2022 at 9:14:19 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I watched "The Last Duel" last night, very excellent movie by Ridley Scott (who I generally enjoy).

It is about a rape allegation where a lady alleges that her husband's friend raped her in 1300s France and shows the story from each of the three parties' perspective and concludes with the trial by combat (which ended up being the last legal trial by combat hence the name, last legal trial by combat specifically, not the last legal duel -which continued until relative recently- so its name is confusing, but I guess "The Last Legal Trial By Combat" would not have the same ring to it).

This is a film that I wanted to see in theatres, but it had a short run and I just never got around to it.

Great movie, if you like historical depictions, and I like how they show the story from the testimony perspective of each of the three parties to lead to the conclusion. I do understand why it was a "failure" (despite great reviews), because I can see how its not for everyone, and it was probably risky making such a high budget film about a niche historical event, but I enjoyed it.
March 27th, 2022 at 1:11:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I watched a movie called the "Honest Thief" last night. I have no idea who was in it but it was a decent movie.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 27th, 2022 at 1:16:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I watched a movie called the "Honest Thief" last night. I have no idea who was in it but it was a decent movie.

Didn’t see it, but I believe that’s one of Liam Neeson’s recent action movies.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman