What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

July 19th, 2023 at 1:44:00 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm finding some of this stuff kind of hard to nail down

various people are uncomfortable with the movie "sound of freedom" because of connection to conspiracy theory
this is a little odd because the movie does not include the conspiracy theory, evidently

Quote: the apparently concerning theory
The adrenochrome conspiracy, a bizarre theory with antisemitic roots, posits that Satan-worshipping global and Hollywood elites run a massive child trafficking ring to drain their blood and harvest the chemical adrenochrome to stay young, and has been embraced by subscribers of the QAnon and Pizzagate conspiracy movements, including key people affiliated with the recent hit movie The Sound of Freedom.
.... Angel Studios, the film’s distributor, denies any connection to conspiracy theories or politics, [but two guys connected] ... Ballard and Caviezel... have defended the adrenochrome harvesting theory in recent interviews

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2023/07/15/the-adrenochrome-conspiracy-theory-pushed-by-sound-of-freedom-star-explained/?sh=97dc7365179f
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 19th, 2023 at 3:39:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
I'm finding some of this stuff kind of hard to nail down

various people are uncomfortable with the movie "sound of freedom" because of connection to conspiracy theory

Who cares if somebody is comfortable or uncomfortable
Did you see it?????????
Give us a review
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 19th, 2023 at 6:28:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I finally got around to watching Top Gun, the new one, and I really like Tom Cruise but one third of the way through I was so bored I turned it off. I don't get it, why did this movie make a billion dollars. I don't think I've ever seen a bad Tom Cruise movie but didn't like this one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 20th, 2023 at 5:18:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: terapined
Who cares if somebody is comfortable or uncomfortable
Did you see it?????????
Give us a review
it's Lefties that don't like the movie. Plenty of people don't understand why a movie about "The incredible true story of a former government agent turned vigilante who embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue hundreds of children from sex traffickers"* should be getting disdain from progressives. I couldn't understand it either, but I do now. I see you don't ... somehow it made you irritated that there might be justification for that disdain. You're hard to predict sir.

*per imdb.com , emphasis mine
July 20th, 2023 at 5:30:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
I finally got around to watching Top Gun, the new one, and I really like Tom Cruise but one third of the way through I was so bored I turned it off. I don't get it, why did this movie make a billion dollars. I don't think I've ever seen a bad Tom Cruise movie but didn't like this one.

I would guess nostalgia, people reliving their experience of watching the original in the 80s. I thought both top Guns were OK at best (not my kind of movies).
July 20th, 2023 at 5:30:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
it's Lefties that don't like the movie. Plenty of people don't understand why a movie about "The incredible true story of a former government agent turned vigilante who embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue hundreds of children from sex traffickers"* should be getting disdain from progressives. I couldn't understand it either, but I do now. I see you don't ... somehow it made you irritated that there might be justification for that disdain. You're hard to predict sir.

Sounds like a true story in the same way The Blair Witch Project was a true story…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2023 at 5:36:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I sometimes get bored right in the middle of popular movies. Other times, I sit and watch a poorly done movie out of sheer fascination for certain elements.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2023 at 5:38:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: ams288

Sounds like a true story in the same way The Blair Witch Project was a true story…
Now that's a voice that's more predictable!
July 20th, 2023 at 5:51:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288

Now that's a voice that's more predictable!

I keep seeing Twitter-righties say mysterious things like “they don’t want you to see” this movie. Who is “they?” I live pretty close to three big movie theaters. It is playing at all three. If I were to go purchase a ticket would “they” try to stop me?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2023 at 6:09:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
it's Lefties that don't like the movie.

So what
Did you see it????????
The premise sounds like garbage
True story????????????? 99.99999999% of true story movies are not really true
is it good or crap
What does rotten tomatoes say?
Fresh or rotten?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"