What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

July 20th, 2023 at 7:01:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Quote: odiousgambit
it's Lefties that don't like the movie. Plenty of people don't understand why a movie about "The incredible true story of a former government agent turned vigilante who embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue hundreds of children from sex traffickers"* should be getting disdain from progressives. I couldn't understand it either, but I do now. I see you don't ... somehow it made you irritated that there might be justification for that disdain. You're hard to predict sir.

*per imdb.com , emphasis mine

Sounds like a true story in the same way The Blair Witch Project was a true story…
Now that's a voice that's more predictable!

I keep seeing Twitter-righties say mysterious things like “they don’t want you to see” this movie. Who is “they?” I live pretty close to three big movie theaters. It is playing at all three. If I were to go purchase a ticket would “they” try to stop me?

All Odious has to do is ask lefties here what we think of the movie.
I haven't seen it so I can't review it
I doubt any lefties here has seen it so we can't review it
Yet Odious searches the internet for lefty responses
Kind of absurd to go with the mysterious "they" when we lefties are right here.
Yea, we have too much common sense to not review a movie we haven't seen
Odious can't deal with common sense so he searches for "they"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 20th, 2023 at 7:17:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

I keep seeing Twitter-righties say mysterious things like “they don’t want you to see” this movie. Who is “they?” I live pretty close to three big movie theaters. It is playing at all three. If I were to go purchase a ticket would “they” try to stop me?
Quote: google search
Social media users have accused AMC of purposely disrupting “Sound of Freedom” screenings following accusations that the hit film stokes QAnon conspiracy theories (Rolling Stone, for instance, slammed “Sound of Freedom” as a “QAnon-tinged thriller”).7 days ago

source given: Sound of Freedom Fans Boycott AMC Theatres ... - Variety Magazine article
a lot of people are reporting incidents, like turning off the AC, not turning down the lights ... not all of them are lying or exaggerating

typical way the people who consider themselves organs of the Domocratic party would act

if they weren't mentally ill, they'd say "you know, we won that one, since even though some people connected latch on to conspiracy theories, we were able to keep that out of this movie" ... instead it's "never give up a chance to divide people, even over a movie that should unite us in agreement: child sex trafficking is evil"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 20th, 2023 at 7:48:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
a lot of people are reporting incidents, like turning off the AC, not turning down the lights ... not all of them are lying or exaggerating

typical way the people who consider themselves organs of the Domocratic party would act

if they weren't mentally ill, they'd say "you know, we won that one, since even though some people connected latch on to conspiracy theories, we were able to keep that out of this movie" ... instead it's "never give up a chance to divide people, even over a movie that should unite us in agreement: child sex trafficking is evil"

Well it’s no secret that AMC theaters are terrible. Poor projection standards, overpriced everything, terrible customer service.

Sounds like just a standard showing at any AMC theater.

I’d say the dummies who think they are purposely sabotaging screenings are the conspiracy theorists.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 20th, 2023 at 7:55:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Appearing in the aisle of a darkened theater with a pig mask on and a running chainsaw is a pretty good prank for any movie if you’re into that sort of thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2023 at 8:45:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Appearing in the aisle of a darkened theater with a pig mask on and a running chainsaw is a pretty good prank for any movie if you’re into that sort of thing.
into going to jail?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 20th, 2023 at 8:50:09 AM permalink
rxwine
into going to jail?

Jail is just fake political threats by the deep state, so I hear.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2023 at 6:27:25 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Barbie

I had to see what all the fuss was about.

It definitely has a strong anti-patriarchy message that will melt some fragile men’s minds. But it’s funny! There are jokes for adults. The movie opens with a nice 2001: A Space Odyssey spoof.

This thing is gonna be huge. Theater was packed. Most shows were sold out. Haven’t seen a movie theater parking lot this full in the post-Covid era.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 21st, 2023 at 11:38:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So sound of Freedom hit 100 million dollars a couple days ago and is selling out theaters, child exploitation has been around especially in Hollywood since the beginning. It's one of the reasons why people like Paul Newman and Robert Redford and many others refused to live in Hollywood or even live in California because it made them sick what they saw. And you can't talk about it or you never make another movie. Actresses like Shirley Temple and Natalie Wood and Judy Garland and so many others were horribly sexually exploited in Hollywood. Frank Sinatra was having sex with Natalie Wood when she was 15 years old, her mother would bring her over to Frank's house and they would have sex. And Frank at that time had a daughter that was 15 years old. I know the movie is not about that but I'm just saying that sexual exploitation of children is very widespread.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2023 at 12:44:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Watched Adam Driver in a sci-fi / dino movie, "65."

Not bad, but not very good either.

The dinosaurs were pretty good but the plot plodded and was not believable.

Not recommended.

July 22nd, 2023 at 8:15:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Bladerunner 2049. A bit too long. The dystopian landscape was nicely done as dystopian landscapes go. I wasn't really bored, but still feel it was too long.