Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You can't commit a mortal sin without knowledge that it is evil

Then I must sin very little because I
think very few things are evil. But
there is no sin anyway, what does
it matter.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 9th, 2016 at 5:54:32 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Who cares, we believe what we choose
to believe. It's all nonsense anyway.

You don't care that something is wrong and that these errors are influencing what you choose to believe? My opinion of you just took a nosedive.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 9th, 2016 at 5:56:18 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Then I must sin very little because I
think very few things are evil. But
there is no sin anyway, what does
it matter.

You also bear the responsibility of forming your conscience.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 9th, 2016 at 6:10:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I find it kind of sad that a married couple in love wouldn't want to have children.

What really would be sad is if couples had children just because some cultists think they should.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 9th, 2016 at 7:10:52 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You can't commit a mortal sin without knowledge that it is evil and willfully doing it anyway. There is of course a lot more that could be said here but yeah I think you get the gist of it.

Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good or evil before they sinned.

They weren't told that disobeying god was evil. They had only two influences in life, telling them conflicting things. How were they to know which one to believe?

Turns out the snake didn't lie - they didn't die that day as god said, and they did learn of good and evil, like the snake said.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Original_sin
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 9th, 2016 at 7:12:57 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I find it kind of sad that a married couple in love wouldn't want to have children.

I know lots of married people who committed to spending the rest of their lives together, who did not want children.

Should that be denied to them?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 9th, 2016 at 9:31:20 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
What really would be sad is if couples had children just because some cultists think they should.

Yeah, I agree that would be sad.
October 9th, 2016 at 9:33:31 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
I know lots of married people who committed to spending the rest of their lives together, who did not want children.

Should that be denied to them?

At least to get married in the Catholic Church they would be asked to be open to the possibility of having children.
October 9th, 2016 at 9:39:13 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64
Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good or evil before they sinned.

Sure they did. They depended on God for their knowledge of good or evil. They of course knew that disobeying God was evil.

Quote:
They had only two influences in life, telling them conflicting things. How were they to know which one to believe?

You seem to be putting these two influences almost on an equal level. With God they walked about all day without shame or fear, they loved Him and He loved them. There was the evil one lurking about but as the story makes clear he was hiding and only trying to talk to them when they were separated from each other and from God, which was his whole desire anyway. It would be pretty easy to know which one to believe.

Quote:
Turns out the snake didn't lie - they didn't die that day as god said, and they did learn of good and evil, like the snake said.

The Father of Lies is tricky isn't he. Dying is a process that began that day, it was like the day the death sentence was signed. From then on you are a Dead Man Walking. They also learned their own subjective version of good and evil, but they did not learn objective truth in fact they exchanged it for the type of morality that asks only one question, "Will this be good for me?"
October 9th, 2016 at 9:43:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Yeah, I agree that would be sad.

And yet you keep telling couples you think they should have children.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER