March 29th, 2017 at 2:52:13 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
If true, then religion is a colossal
waste of time. Living this life
for the next life is throwing this
life away for a fantasy.
That's why you must eat drink and be merry!
March 29th, 2017 at 3:03:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
That's why you must eat drink and be merry!

It's more just live your life and don't
worry about it. What comes later,
whatever it is, will take care of itself
just like you're taking care of yourself
now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 29th, 2017 at 3:49:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Here's a conjecture (perhaps a completely erroneous one)

Quoting from Wikipedia

Quote:
The standard model of cosmology indicates that the total mass–energy of the universe contains 4.9% ordinary matter, 26.8% dark matter...

So, my proposal is, as dark matter is permeating everything it could exist as a separate Universe (if you will). And if you could only see dark matter, it would appear as the "real" Universe and the real Universe would be speculated as dark matter is right now.

But as I said, the correct view isn't that this other Universe exists "out there" somewhere, it is coexisting within the same space.

So, in a sense there could be an entirely invisible universe. Which one might call, "another plane of possible existence".

That's as close to a theological position I can come to. But I might be making some unfortunate error.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2017 at 11:15:49 AM permalink
rxwine
If god existed why wouldn't he add a feature that shows clearly when a human is lying. Has nothing to do with obstructing free will. You still have free will.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2017 at 12:33:05 PM permalink
pew
Quote: rxwine
If god existed why wouldn't he add a feature that shows clearly when a human is lying. Has nothing to do with obstructing free will. You still have free will.
What for? Humans are always lying.
March 30th, 2017 at 1:02:23 PM permalink
rxwine

So, what you mean is they are never lying.
March 30th, 2017 at 1:32:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Are you lying now?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 30th, 2017 at 2:07:30 PM permalink
pew
So, what you mean is they are never lying.
I'll rephrase: Humans lie a lot as a matter of common discourse. Sorry you don't know what "always" means in common discourse. It's called hyperbole. Look it up it might help you avoid misunderstandings if you ever talk to real adults some day.
March 30th, 2017 at 2:18:12 PM permalink
rxwine
I'll rephrase: Humans lie a lot as a matter of common discourse. Sorry you don't know what "always" means in common discourse. It's called hyperbole. Look it up it might help you avoid misunderstandings if you ever talk to real adults some day.

So, you're not a real adult? Fancy that.
March 30th, 2017 at 2:21:50 PM permalink
pew
So, you're not a real adult? Fancy that.
Again, hyperbole. I thougt you might have figured it out on your own so I didn't make a notation. I was wrong.