Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 11th, 2023 at 11:20:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rquiredusername
I’m sure it’s totally coincidence that every single hurricane season with more than 20 named storms has happened in within the last 20 years.

When push comes to shove, grandparents really just don’t love their grandchildren like they pretend to.

I expect the skeptics and deniers to spend the next decade making more excuses. I don’t think I will have to. I can’t make them do anything, so, not like there’s anything in particular I need to embark on. Let the “weather” speak for itself.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2023 at 12:02:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I’m sure it’s totally coincidence that every single hurricane season with more than 20 named storms has happened in within the last 20 years.

When push comes to shove, grandparents really just don’t love their grandchildren like they pretend to.

First thing to ask is has the standard for a named storm changed. It probably has.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2023 at 12:44:45 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
I expect the skeptics and deniers to spend the next decade making more excuses. I don’t think I will have to. I can’t make them do anything, so, not like there’s anything in particular I need to embark on. Let the “weather” speak for itself.

It took about 5 minutes of non exhaustive search to find. 1995 21 named storms I am sure that is not the only exception to your BS statement.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 11th, 2023 at 1:00:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

Weather happens. There is zero reason to think a very minor change in average temperature will radically alter weather.

There is zero reason to think that a degree warmer is different but we were at the "right" temperature.

But the operative word is "think." Believers do not think, they let someone else think for them.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2023 at 1:09:53 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
First thing to ask is has the standard for a named storm changed. It probably has.

Probably says everything anyone needs to know about you here. You make up the story as it goes to fit your pre-conceived conclusions, or hunt until you find any evidence of it and ignore everything else. A blissful life of ignorance.
September 11th, 2023 at 1:29:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Probably says everything anyone needs to know about you here. You make up the story as it goes to fit your pre-conceived conclusions, or hunt until you find any evidence of it and ignore everything else. A blissful life of ignorance.

You mean because I do not swallow everything the warmers say without thinking for myself? Thinking for oneself is indeed blissful.

Then again, I guess not having to think because you were told what to think is its own kind of bliss.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2023 at 1:35:50 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154

what I think: they know more now about each storm, those that used to be unknown as to wind strength are known now and get named

when the hurricane of '35 hit, there was practically no advance warning. You can see where they started tracking it. Today, they would know something was coming as soon as it developed off Africa. My point is, there are more named storms because we know more now

Wikipedia:
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 11th, 2023 at 2:00:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You mean because I do not swallow everything the warmers say without thinking for myself? Thinking for oneself is indeed blissful.

Then again, I guess not having to think because you were told what to think is its own kind of bliss.

Granted, people might not know you're thinking if you didn't proclaim it was going on in your head so much.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 11th, 2023 at 3:14:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
what I think: they know more now about each storm, those that used to be unknown as to wind strength are known now and get named

when the hurricane of '35 hit, there was practically no advance warning. You can see where they started tracking it. Today, they would know something was coming as soon as it developed off Africa. My point is, there are more named storms because we know more now

Wikipedia:

This goes to refute what Vivek argued in that climate disaster-related deaths have dropped significantly over the past century due to access to fossil fuels.

The drop in climate disaster-related deaths is due to better early detection and warning systems.
September 11th, 2023 at 3:28:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit

Wikipedia:

This goes to refute what Vivek argued in that climate disaster-related deaths have dropped significantly over the past century due to access to fossil fuels.

The drop in climate disaster-related deaths is due to better early detection and warning systems.

The population is also much greater and packed closer together. How do you think we have better information and more advanced information, planes, satellites, ships at sea, radar ....? Of course none of these use any carbon.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin