Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

September 11th, 2023 at 3:34:22 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean because I do not swallow everything the warmers say without thinking for myself? Thinking for oneself is indeed blissful.

Then again, I guess not having to think because you were told what to think is its own kind of bliss.

No, I mean what I said.
September 11th, 2023 at 3:47:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
We may very well end up using fossil fuels to shield us from everything we failed to do previously, It’s the dystopian world, where we show films of what nature once was, because we don’t have any left and live in bubbled domed cities because the air is no longer breathable and we make Soylent green from dead people

I hope OG appreciates my overt production of full-on alarmism
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 12th, 2023 at 3:57:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
We may very well end up using fossil fuels to shield us from everything we failed to do previously, It’s the dystopian world, where we show films of what nature once was, because we don’t have any left and live in bubbled domed cities because the air is no longer breathable and we make Soylent green from dead people

I hope OG appreciates my overt production of full-on alarmism
*sigh*
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 12th, 2023 at 7:49:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
just a short look at the madness

September 12th, 2023 at 9:11:44 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit
just a short look at the madness

Fox's reporting on this is untruthful.
September 12th, 2023 at 11:58:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: GenoDRPh
Fox's reporting on this is untruthful.
He sure gives some hard figures. Seems like a lot to make up.

As far as withholding water for stupid reasons, maybe you'll believe CNN. Oh, wait, it still has to FIT THE NARRATIVE or it can't be believed!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/18/us/hawaii-diverting-water-delay-maui-fires/index.html
September 12th, 2023 at 3:14:08 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit
He sure gives some hard figures. Seems like a lot to make up.

As far as withholding water for stupid reasons, maybe you'll believe CNN. Oh, wait, it still has to FIT THE NARRATIVE or it can't be believed!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/18/us/hawaii-diverting-water-delay-maui-fires/index.html

You argue best when you argue my point. The CNN states the effect of the delay was unknown and the reservoir to which the water was to be diverted was not connected to the fire hydrant system. And there has been disagreements over water rights and allocations and usage for years before the fires.
September 12th, 2023 at 4:52:48 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You argue best when you argue my point. The CNN states the effect of the delay was unknown and the reservoir to which the water was to be diverted was not connected to the fire hydrant system. And there has been disagreements over water rights and allocations and usage for years before the fires.

And you also did not make the point you thought you did. They are fighting over water and the official didn't turn it on when asked. He also resigned a day or two later after it became clear what his decision had caused.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 12th, 2023 at 5:54:41 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: kenarman
And you also did not make the point you thought you did. They are fighting over water and the official didn't turn it on when asked. He also resigned a day or two later after it became clear what his decision had caused.

They've been fighting over water for years. and the water diversion would not had made a difference,
September 13th, 2023 at 5:03:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit

Quote: kenarman

Thank you! These details seem to mean nothing to Dr Geno, who then fishes for tidbits that support his opinion

Dr. G and Ams remind me of each other. They don't just usually have a different opinion from me, but are dedicated to making sure the Lefty Narrative is always defended. Defending the Lefty version of events on Maui, no diversion allowed, takes full dedication, or vast amounts of kool-aid , or something