Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

October 27th, 2015 at 8:05:58 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Ethanol. I have a friend who owns a huge
farm in Iowa. Two years ago IA farmers
were distraught because there was a
drought. Today they are distraught
because a bumper crop this year means
low corn prices. The one thing they're
never distraught about is ethanol. He
cries all the way to the bank every year.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 2nd, 2016 at 11:08:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
24 days to Al Gore’s ’10 years to save the planet’ and ‘point of no return’ planetary emergency deadline

Countdown clock here.

How will you folks who believe in AGW be celebrating the day?
The President is a fink.
January 4th, 2016 at 5:56:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

I don't think science has reversed its general findings. Has it?

More of people and their big mouths:
Quote:
Now, commensurate with this outbreak in fracking is the left and the global warming crowd and the environmentalist wackos attacking fracking and trying to blame fracking for earthquakes and other potential violence natural disasters. - Rush Limbaugh
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/09/26/oil_is_the_fuel_of_the_engine_of_freedom

Oklahoma is now the #1 place for earthquakes in the world.

http://newsok.com/regulators-take-action-on-edmond-earthquakes/article/5470545
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 4th, 2016 at 6:02:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

I don't think science has reversed its general findings. Has it?

But the point is we are all dead if we do not do something by the end of THIS MONTH! Algore said so!

OTOH, I have said that I have heard we have 20 years left for 30 years now. Wonder who is more correct??

Quote:
More of people and their big mouths:

Oklahoma is now the #1 place for earthquakes in the world.

Earthquakes that would not be felt by the average person they are so small. No quake increase in PA or ND, so still not worried. But feel free to turn off your furnace, stove, and hot water tank to save the planet from fracking if you like.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2016 at 5:45:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Claim: Climate Change will Stop Women from Wanting Sex

I gotta hand it to the believers, they never run out of goofy claims.
The President is a fink.
April 10th, 2016 at 11:42:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Claim: Climate Change will Stop Women from Wanting Sex

I gotta hand it to the believers, they never run out of goofy claims.

You mean wanting it even less than they
want it now? Is that even possible?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2016 at 1:38:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bill Nye the scientist (don't believe Palin) is putting his money on the line

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-nye-bets-joe-bastardi-20k-climate-change_us_571589a5e4b0018f9cbaee3a
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 19th, 2016 at 1:42:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined

You can't prove a myth, good luck
with that. Biggest scam ever foisted
on the public.
April 19th, 2016 at 2:04:29 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-nye-bets-joe-bastardi-20k-climate-change_us_571589a5e4b0018f9cbaee3a

That seems like a real good bet. Geologic processes are, well, geologic. They're not wont to switch courses quickly without a very large outside influence, like a meteor strike or volcanic apocalypse. If it's on the way up? Shoot.... I ain't got $20k but I'll find it. Put all $20k on "going up" for me, please.

I'm still waiting for a good point. The concept is sound; CO2, methane, et al are "greenhouse gases". Ain't no different than you sleeping naked, with a sheet, or with a double layered fleece comforter; the thicker it is, the more heat is retained. That's why Venus is more than twice as hot as Mercury, even though Mercury sits right on the sun. That thick atmosphere holds all the energy in, keeping Venus warm and cozy.

But, as petro will gladly tell you, there's too much money involved to trust. These point this way, those point that way, and the winner gets rich. When all the "Yays" are in solar and nuclear and all the "Nays" are in oil and gas, well, Even Bob can see what's going on here.

I'm content to do my part. I'm all for reducing, reusing, and doing so voluntarily. But I'll not suffer a V8 tax, nor be forced to subsidize a Tesla I'll never, ever even sit in. And really, there's all the doom and gloom talks about rising sea levels with maps aplenty showing the horrors. Horrors such as the loss of NYC, the total removal of Florida, and the erasure of most of Cali. Pleased to be telling me where the downside is? I have a crisis every time I think of it =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 19th, 2016 at 2:42:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Face
Horrors such as the loss of NYC, the total removal of Florida, and the erasure of most of Cali. Pleased to be telling me where the downside is? I have a crisis every time I think of it =p

Well, you could have lots of unwanted new homeless neiighbors
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?