Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

April 23rd, 2016 at 12:55:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Petro-

I agree with many things you point out.

Transparency, is such a big problem when trying to do analysis. I mean, I know my Credit Union is making money, but at least I can go look at my balance anytime I want, and other things they are doing when they issue an annual report.

One day, I'd like to see a "live" java pie chart for the country where you can actively watch at what moment funds move from one department to somewhere else.
And the ability to open "details" on each item and the people responsible. Secrecy issues will likely always be a problem, but at least it would be something.

Seeing that a representative spent 100k on "office furniture" being watched by many thousands of citizens will likely be seen almost immediately and the info would blow up on social media right away. Instant crowd sourcing government business using the power of many thousands of eyes every second might be our best hope for a better government.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2016 at 6:16:52 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I have posted several times here before about the growing ice pack in Antarctica. Since this doesn't fit well with the climate change sheeples I usually got the answer that the glaciers were melting and that Anatarctica was actually loosing ice. An unproven answer that was presented by everyone who has to justify their buy-in to climate change. An actualy study has now been published:

"A new NASA study says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers.

The research challenges the conclusions of other studies, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) 2013 report, which says that Antarctica is overall losing land ice."

Of course this is not from real climate scientists it is from those weird space guys at NASA that provide the images of the ice packs at both polls.

If you want to read it you can go to the NASA site. The streak of growing years was broken last year and they speculate that in 20 to 30 years that total Antarctic ice might begin to shrink in 20 to 30 years.

This is the kinda of science that should be happening. It doesn't disprove climate change or promote it. It presents the data and doesn't try to hide it as often happens with the pro side, firing scientist that don't toe the line and actually want to let the science speak for itself
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 5th, 2016 at 3:35:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
10 years later, Gore's predictions wildly inaccurate.

Gore lives in a mansion made off the movie while his followers deny themselves modern conveniences. How lucky we were this guy failed in his attempt to steal the 2000 election.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2017 at 11:48:30 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Those who think global warming is a hoax are invited to provide some other explanation for the Yukon river reversing course as a glacier retreats.
April 18th, 2017 at 12:52:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Those who think global warming is a hoax are invited to provide some other explanation for the Yukon river reversing course as a glacier retreats.

Glaciers have been retreating for 10,000 years, or 9850 years before the industrial revolution.

HOAX!
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2017 at 1:57:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
'I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris': Trump to pull out of Paris climate agreement

GO POTUS TRUMP!

Of course you can expect the usual suspects to predict the end of the world, but this is a big part of why he smashed the "Blue Wall."
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2017 at 2:05:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Maybe Trump will start deciding what's best for science in general. Idiot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 1st, 2017 at 2:08:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

OBAMA SLAMS AS LEGACY DISMANTLED...

Lol, well yeah, doofus. India and EU get to
double their coal production while we scale
ours back by 80%? Wtf kind of deal is that.
We get to lose 6+ million industry jobs while
they create millions and millions? I don't
think so. The accord has zero to do with the
climate and everything to do with stealing
from us.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 1st, 2017 at 2:31:42 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Yahoo!! Go President Trump our fearless leader!!! I'm GIDDY!!
June 1st, 2017 at 5:31:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Here is Trump admitting that man can and does impact the global temperature, and has the ability to change it:

Quote: Trump
Even if the Paris Agreement were implemented in full, with total compliance from all nations, it is estimated it would only produce a two-tenths of one degree -- think of that; this much -- Celsius reduction in global temperature by the year 2100. Tiny, tiny amount
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan