Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

April 19th, 2016 at 3:50:10 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
The guy wears a bow tie for goodness sake. No credibility whatsoever. What sane person wants to look like Howdy Doody?
April 19th, 2016 at 4:45:28 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
The guy wears a bow tie for goodness sake. No credibility whatsoever. What sane person wants to look like Howdy Doody?

Change the tie color to black and its what all the men wear at the most formal ritzy high class events.
Just saw Trump on TV at a formal event a couple days ago, his tie, a bow tie of course :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 20th, 2016 at 5:30:29 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
Change the tie color to black and its what all the men wear at the most formal ritzy high class events.
Just saw Trump on TV at a formal event a couple days ago, his tie, a bow tie of course :-)
Trumps no scientist either.
April 20th, 2016 at 7:35:51 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: pew
Trumps no scientist either.

I would suggest that Trump understands human nature better than most people with degrees in the field.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 20th, 2016 at 9:22:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between wearing a bow tie and wearing blacktie.
The President is a fink.
April 23rd, 2016 at 12:58:05 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/04/21/earth-day-paris-united-nations-weather-channel-editorials-debates/83349848/

'When all the scare talk is pushed aside, it is the science that should be the basis for the debate. And the hard cold truth is that the basic theory has failed. Many notable scientists reject man-made global warming fears. And several of them, including a Nobel Prize winner, are in the new Climate Hustle movie. The film is an informative and even humorous new feature length movie that is the ultimate answer to Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth. It will be shown one day only in theaters nationwide on May 2' One day only for the movie? I am glad something try's to rebuke Gore. What a hypocrite.

Carbon taxes are not about saving the planet, they are about controlling the masses.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 23rd, 2016 at 5:05:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

Carbon taxes are not about saving the planet, they are about controlling the masses.

Indeed they are, and it is amazing how many people want someone to take their money and their freedom away.

We are entering a scary new phase where politicians are openly suggesting people be prosecuted for being a "denier." Some just sound silly, but a closer look and you can see they are after the money energy companies have. Tobacco MSA money ends in a decade or so for the states that have not already spent their share. A new honey-pot is needed. Clear as day to see for those with open eyes.
The President is a fink.
April 23rd, 2016 at 9:31:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What exactly do people not try to make money off of? It doesn't mean anything that people are trying to make money.

Name anything no matter how serious, there are always people making money. You getting sick, you dying. They will make money getting rid of your body. People will try to make money raising funds for sick children.

It's a factor to look at but in and of itself it doesn't mean the cause is bad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 23rd, 2016 at 10:25:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
What exactly do people not try to make money off of? It doesn't mean anything that people are trying to make money.

Name anything no matter how serious, there are always people making money. You getting sick, you dying. They will make money getting rid of your body. People will try to make money raising funds for sick children.

The problem is that those in power are trying to extract a tax for a non-existent problem. It is same as if the mafia walked into your bar and told you that you had to pay a street tax of $200 per week. You get nothing for it but you have to pay. Carbon taxes are the same way. The biggest pushers of global warming fly their private jets and live in their mansions while they are cheered on by people who believe there is a problem.
The President is a fink.
April 23rd, 2016 at 11:51:25 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
What exactly do people not try to make money off of?
Figuratively, I would say the Mayo clinic is a non profit hospital. The difference between them and my local doctor owned facility is unbelievable in the quality of healthcare. I would also say that I did not try to make money from raising my kids. But basically I agree, somebody somewhere is trying to make a profit off of everything.
Quote:
It doesn't mean anything that people are trying to make money.
Generally I have no problem with people trying to make a profit, that is what makes the world turn, is incentive.

It may sound like I pass judgement when I repeatedly say, "follow the money". Not necessarily so. Many times, I would do the same thing. I just want to understand the "why" of things. Let me give an example.

http://theantimedia.org/us-and-saudi-arabia-hide-911-truth/ There is overwhelming evidence that Saudi helped plan and their diplomats directly funded the 911 terrorist attack on America, murdering 3000 Americans that day, and led us into multi-trillion dollars of war. There have been several articles lately about a bill put forth to let the American people see at least those 28 pages of redacted evidence. And of course Saudi threatening to crash our economy if they are exposed.

What gets me about it, is every article says the bill is about letting victims family's sue SA. That is not what what the bill is about. It's not about family's rights to sue, it is about letting Americans see who funded 911. Why has America protected SA from the victims? We have had multiple major wars blaming Saddam, etc. each country for attacking us on 911, while allowing SA, immunity from even investigation? WTF!

The government has had this info since before 911, we weren't allowed to know who attacked us and murdered our people. This is only coming out now because Trump has threatened to expose our conspirators. Since these articles have hit the MSM, our POTUS has been to SA this week, glad handing and bowing to the Saudi king. How embarrassing. I don't want my president [regardless of party] bowing to anyone on this planet, except maybe us.

OK, here is another example: http://charity.lovetoknow.com/What_Percentage_of_Donations_Go_to_Charity Or, how about the NFL being a not for profit, tax exempt organization where the owners through the public purse make millions of dollars? Follow the money

Quote:

No it doesn't. It is necessary to have an incentive for people to get out of bed in the morning. When our gov sends our production overseas and pays people to stay home, the country is destroyed, but you can bet, somebody is skimming a bunch off the top. But the evil part of that comes when the laws of gravity can no longer be suspended. That is the harm that the lies do. The money, or the lust for power has ruined a perfectly viable world for the benefit of charlatans.

The lies bother me, to my core. Remember Obama's first campaign promising to close Gitmo, get us out of AFG and persecute the bankers responsible for the crash? He got elected because people were so sick of Bush and wanted to believe someone, anyone would stop the lunacy. We are so gullible. Here it is again, another elections season, and HRC is up there, waving her hands [which she was trained to do] promising some lie or other? It galls me that she is allowed to be a candidate. People will get the government they deserve, the problem is, I will get it too.

Remember HRC, dodging a hail of bullets on the tarmac? It has been proven over and over that was a lie. She has proven her proclivity to dishonesty and treachery, and people are so desperate for "hope and change", [again] that they will shout the praises of this sinister woman .

" "The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild "

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20Government/Federal%20Reserve%20Scam/quotes_on_the_federal_reserve.htm Same thing with major religions, but good quotes at the link.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW