In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 2nd, 2021 at 10:47:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
What on earth is hazardous about working at a grocery store?

Many grocery store workers are forced to be in close proximity to idiotic customers who refuse to wear masks.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 2nd, 2021 at 11:03:27 AM permalink
Altstates93
Threads: 0
Supermarkets, at least the ones I worked in a million years ago, operate on a thin profit margin. Any increase in operating expenses affects them.

I worked in a union shop. The union contract gave hourly workers scheduled wage increases, typically every six months. Nothing big, maybe a quarter an hour. Though you didn't need to read the contract to know when the wage increases would take effect. You could tell they were coming by the price increases in the store the week before.

Though generally leftish, that experience makes me skeptical of an across-the-country minimum wage increase to $15. Maybe $10 could work, but $15 might wreak considerable havoc in many parts of the country.
February 2nd, 2021 at 2:24:04 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
What on earth is hazardous about working at a grocery store?

Many grocery store workers are forced to be in close proximity to idiotic customers.
:$ o)
February 2nd, 2021 at 2:33:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Many grocery store workers are forced to be in close proximity to idiotic customers.
:$ o)

I worked at a grocery in the late 80s and yes, customers were idiots. But there was no hazard.
The President is a fink.
February 2nd, 2021 at 2:56:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I agree that forcing a company to pay hazard pay is ridiculous. Should cops get hazard pay? No!!! Jobs have inherent hazards. And if you, as the grocery store worker, decided that the pay being offered did not merit the hazard you would endure, then look for another job!

AZ.... you are intentionally ignoring what is obvious. The Dems believe that having to work with the public makes you at higher risk to contract COVID-19. Thus the ‘hazard’. You (AZ) and I agree it is just another Dem ploy to force companies to pay workers more than the free market will.

I have absolutely no problem if a union negotiates hazard pay for certain jobs. Or if YOU request it before accepting a job. It is pure Democrat to want this to be something the government should do. (I am aware the President was a Republican, sort of, when the COVID-19 hazard pay started, but it has been instituted on a local
Level)
February 3rd, 2021 at 3:08:57 PM permalink
ams288
Quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse, accused of killing two people during Kenosha WI protest, had been released on bond. Now can't be found

Lock him up, throw away the key.

Poor little thug probably thought Donny would pardon him.
February 3rd, 2021 at 6:59:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Lock him up, throw away the key.

Poor little thug probably thought Donny would pardon him.

If he shows up real soon they might still cut him a break though it's going to have to be a pretty good excuse.

Quote:
Rittenhouse posted the initial $2 million bond with help from right-wing supporters. He pleaded not guilty in January to all his charges: first-degree intentional homicide, first-degree reckless homicide, attempted first-degree intentional homicide, two counts of reckless endangerment and a misdemeanor charge of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Prosecutors noted that Rittenhouse and his family did not pay much, if any, of his $2 million bail and argued he had little financial incentive to respect it, the Associated Press reported. Rittenhouse’s attorneys objected to Wednesday’s motion.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2021 at 7:47:32 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Guess who recently made the following argument concerning malfunctioning voting machines:

Quote:
In this case, there is reason to believe that voting tabulation machines misread hundreds if not thousands of valid votes as undervotes, (supra at 4), and that these tabulation machine errors disproportionately affected *********, (id.).

Sydney Powell? Rudy Giuliani? Lin Wood? Jenna Ellis?

You can't make this *&#$ up. Typical hypocrisy.
Let's go Brandon
February 4th, 2021 at 8:23:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: fleaswatter
Guess who recently made the following argument concerning malfunctioning voting machines:

Sydney Powell? Rudy Giuliani? Lin Wood? Jenna Ellis?

You can't make this *&#$ up. Typical hypocrisy.

It is really amazing. Lucky we have those Democrats who were able to ascertain that the voting machines were off in those specific districts! But not in the many close races the Democrats won statewide! Democrat hypocrisy. Anyone actually expect anything different?
February 4th, 2021 at 8:50:38 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter

Sydney Powell? Rudy Giuliani? Lin Wood? Jenna Ellis?.

Answer: some lawyer no one has ever heard of.

Devastating pwn for us libbies.