In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 13th, 2015 at 9:46:27 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Late in the day, Brian Williams confirmed that he, too, was black.
June 15th, 2015 at 10:31:27 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: reno
Her interview with the TV reporter didn't go well. At the 3:28 mark in the video, Rachel Dolezal confirms her black identity. Alas, she's not fooling anyone. It's sad to watch this story unfold, she needs help.

This is a really, really weird story. Just look at an older pic of her before she kinked her hair and the later ones. I think I have an idea what happened. They say her parents took in 4 black babies as foster kids, might have adopted them but I am not sure. That is a lot of re-directed parental attention. So I am guessing some part of her decided to try to "become black" to grab it back. Not saying the parents liked the adopted kids more, but I am saying this can happen and women are more prone to changes in parental attention than men.

I agree, she needs help. The rest is going to be fun to watch.

Rachel resigns; http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-15/lying-white-african-american-naacp-president-resigns-shocked-focus-her-race

edit; I wonder if she supports Hillary?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 15th, 2015 at 11:49:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

I would like to ask her how the water in Egypt is today?

I read her resignation and she seriously cannot understand what the fuss is about. If she had wanted to do work to help blacks, there would have been any number of places, possibly including the NAACP, who would have been happy to have her. She didn't want to work with or help blacks, she wanted to *be* black and do this.

Might be some kind of complex.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2015 at 12:08:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Ironically enough, isn't this some kind of racist act?

I can't figure it out.

Sandpoint Idaho is not far from there. Maybe she witnessed the infamous sign crossing the bridge?

It is crazy country central. I was in Sandpoint when the Supremacists blew up the courthouse in Couer d' Alene, and helped mop up the mess [electrical] the devil worshipers left in Rathdrum. Come to think of it, that is where I had my kidney stone. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe the water?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 15th, 2015 at 12:26:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Might be some kind of complex.

Her brother has said she asked him to cover for her.

If you ask someone to cover for you that's more along the lines of knowing deception than something else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2015 at 12:46:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Her brother has said she asked him to cover for her.

If you ask someone to cover for you that's more along the lines of knowing deception than something else.

What I am thinking is along the lines of the occasional crazy woman who takes a baby and tells the world it is her's. Acts like it and all. Then when the jig is up they still act like it.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2015 at 1:52:59 PM permalink
reno
What I am thinking is along the lines of the occasional crazy woman who takes a baby and tells the world it is her's. Acts like it and all. Then when the jig is up they still act like it.

Yes, and what makes this Rachel Dolezal case even worse is that she's now famous. She'll write a book, do a Barbara Walters interview, sell her paintings on eBay, and maybe get a gig on cable TV as CNN's Race Relations Analyst to weigh in on the next police shooting. She'll be a millionaire before you know it.

But she's a bit deranged, so she might not be able to pull it off. Considering the weird lies she's been telling about her family, the verdict is out on whether she's mentally stable enough to parlay this scandal into a lucrative career.
June 15th, 2015 at 6:11:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Breaking it down:

1) she wants to be someone different. Fine. She can be the King of France. (she can't really, but in the sense she wants to be the King of France or someone else, no problem)

2) You can't create a fictional history for yourself. But if you do, you've got to realize contradictory things may turn up. That's on her.

3) Actual impact to other things and people. Well, if it's all upfront, everyone can take it however they want. In this case, it wasn't.
While nobody died, it's certainly has created issues for credibility.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 16th, 2015 at 3:27:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
This keeps getting crazier and crazier. Now we find she sued a black college for discrimination against her.

It looks as though she changed her name along the way, I am waiting to see what she has or had for a husband. While I would not blame the guy for wanting to keep quiet, if he comes out and talks about her we may get more insight.

Is she an extreme case of "white guilt?"
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2015 at 7:13:10 AM permalink
reno
It looks as though she changed her name along the way, I am waiting to see what she has or had for a husband.

Go ahead and take a wild guess what kind of man she finds attractive.

They're divorced.