In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 1st, 2015 at 12:26:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ya'll only need to watch the first 18 seconds and you still won't recognize her.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 1st, 2015 at 2:29:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Ya'll only need to watch the first 18 seconds and you still won't recognize her.

I still don't know who she is, a skinny girl
who strips? I watch no TV except on Netflix
and On Demand. Not even FOXNEWS anymore.
I look at Drudge a few times a day, they all
use him for the news anyway.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2015 at 12:11:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Must be libertarian.

Freedom to do what you want
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2015 at 12:38:58 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I think the person had something substantial on Hastert, like photos or written letters maybe.

Agreed.

And unlike Letterman, Hastert isn't merely accused of cheating on a wife. He's accused of something far graver: molesting children. The fact that Hastert was willing to pay up implies he has something to hide. If someone tried to blackmail me for pedophilia, I'd have zero incentive to pay a single penny.

Here's an interesting new twist in the story: the judge overseeing Hastert's criminal case is a former campaign contributor to Hastert! He gave $500 in 2002, $1,000 in 2004. Despite Durkin's Republican fundraising contributions, he was nominated to the federal bench by Obama. (Corruption in Illinois politics is bipartisan, but we already knew that.)

How can a judge who gave $1,500 to the defendant be impartial? Is it too much to ask that the honorable judge Durkin recuse himself?
June 4th, 2015 at 5:09:35 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Apparently it's legal to walk around the ticketing area of Atlanta's airport with a loaded AR-15 rifle. Is this guy an American hero fighting for our 2nd Amendment freedom? Or just an idiot walking around an airport with a loaded AR-15?

Wouldn't a small handgun be faster/easier to draw? A gun that big requires 2 hands; it's so big, it's unwieldy & cumbersome. If he actually needed to use it, it'd be hard not to kill an innocent bystander (or 10) with that thing. But it makes him look tough, which I guess is the point.
June 4th, 2015 at 5:23:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Attention whore
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2015 at 5:31:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Attention whore

Pretty much, and making life harder on the rest of us gun owners.
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2015 at 5:43:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: reno

Wouldn't a small handgun be faster/easier to draw? A gun that big requires 2 hands; it's so big, it's unwieldy & cumbersome. If he actually needed to use it, it'd be hard not to kill an innocent bystander (or 10) with that thing. But it makes him look tough, which I guess is the point.

A handgun would be easier to use in tight quarters, as a large weapon needs room to swing. Somewhere like a bustling airport, sure, it'd probably be "easier".

But situation aside, a long gun beats a handgun in every single other category, assuming training in all crafts is equal. If we discount penetration (a bullet passing through a target and striking an innocent), I could use either of my "AR's" and plink someone out of a crowd at 200yds all day long. Shotgun, still ~100yds. With my .44, that same confidence in accuracy drops severely to only 20-30yds. With my Glock, it drops further to abut 20ft.

It is often said that a hand gun's purpose is to allow you time to get to your rifle. I subscribe to that belief. But, I'm not at war. In my life, covertness trumps fire power. I don't want to be targeted by crims casing a joint, I don't want to be targeted by antis, I don't want any attention whatsoever. The only way I want my carrying known is if someone makes a dire mistake and has it in their face. Until then, keep it secret, keep it safe.

But this guy isn't doing it for protection. He's making a statement. He's a one-man protest. A huge mob of gun wielding protesters I get. That's a protest. One or two guys... that makes me nervous.

On a somewhat related note, I pulled a gun on the cops last week. I'm not sure I've ever had a more severe adrenaline dump than that, and that is saying a lot.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 4th, 2015 at 5:51:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Face
On a somewhat related note, I pulled a gun on the cops last week. I'm not sure I've ever had a more severe adrenaline dump than that, and that is saying a lot.

That's usually not good for your long term health.

: 0
June 4th, 2015 at 6:01:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
That's usually not good for your long term health.

: 0

I have the luck of the devil himself.

I was almost one of boymimbo's stats O.o
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.