In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 6th, 2015 at 11:43:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Tragedy is when he gets liquored up he stakes out a chimpansee and waits as it panics as the crocodiles approach but at the last moment fires his rifle to kill the crocodiles. So one night he gets liquored up and passes out, when he comes to, he is staked out and watching the crocodiles approach. Then he hears the trigger being pulled on his rifle and the tragedy is that he has but a few moments to reflect on his not having ever let the chimps see him load the rifle.
June 7th, 2015 at 7:14:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Love to discover a hidden cave. With the exception of falling into one and being killed.

Quote:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The National Park Service is beginning to excavate the mouth of an unexplored cave in the Black Hills of South Dakota, and researchers believe it could help broaden our understanding of how the region's climate has changed over thousands of years.

A park service worker found Persistence Cave in 2004 on the grounds of Wind Cave National Park, in western South Dakota, but the agency kept it quiet, partly to prevent amateur spelunkers from trying to explore well-preserved site.

On Monday, a team of scientists led by Eastern Tennessee University professor Jim Mead will begin unearthing the entrance of the cave, hauling out bags of sediment and animal bones to be carefully analyzed. They have already found bones dating back nearly 11,000 years and the remains of at least three species that hadn't been found in the region before -- the pika, pine marten and platygonus, an extinct relative of the modern-day peccary.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/06/07/untouched-cave-in-south-dakota-to-provide-clues-to-history/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 8th, 2015 at 2:29:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
IF someone was called on me specifically, it wasn't my neighbors.
The first place my head goes is X's. The phone is their favorite weapon. Late at night, crying in their beer, next thing you know there are cops looking around your place for imaginary crimes.

I lived next door to a psycho. Yeah, I know everybody thinks they have one, but I will put my psycho up against your psycho any day of the week.

She turned me in for shooting her several times. Her horses a few times. Turned my son in for shooting her while she was in the public pool and making her bleed, excess exhaust emissions. Killing her dog, training rabbits to lure her dogs out of their yard, [on public radio] callers threatened to bludgeon me, and on and on.

Yep, phones are their weapon of choice. Usually anonymous.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 8th, 2015 at 5:27:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Not sure if this should be under one of the religious threads or not. A group of young tourists got naked on the top of a volcano in the Malaysian part of Borneo. There was an earthquake that has killed 13 so far after their nudity. The Malaysian government is now not allowing them to leave the country and they may be charged with causing the earthquake since their act disrespected the sacred mountain.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 12th, 2015 at 11:08:56 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Her interview with the TV reporter didn't go well. At the 3:28 mark in the video, Rachel Dolezal confirms her black identity. Alas, she's not fooling anyone. It's sad to watch this story unfold, she needs help.
June 12th, 2015 at 11:18:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Not sure if this should be under one of the religious threads or not. A group of young tourists got naked on the top of a volcano in the Malaysian part of Borneo. There was an earthquake that has killed 13 so far after their nudity. The Malaysian government is now not allowing them to leave the country and they may be charged with causing the earthquake since their act disrespected the sacred mountain.

I think they're getting released.

Lesson is, you've got to tell your kids not to f*** around in foreign countries. If they do it here, they might end up in a night in jail. Elsewhere who knows.

Kids hiking along the N. Korean border and what not. It's the kind of fooling around that doesn't go over well.

Had a friend over in Egypt about a dozen years back. He and another guy decided to take a run up the Great Pyramid. They had a bunch of guys with guns waiting for them when they got down. Fortunately they got out of there without more than a stern warning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2015 at 12:33:14 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: rxwine
I think they're getting released.
Conflicting reports: Sentenced to Time Served and fined. But the legal system there is so corrupt that when defendants have deep pockets it can be difficult. Lawyers keep seeing a source of fees and Judges keep seeing a source of bribes.
June 13th, 2015 at 3:31:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
Her interview with the TV reporter didn't go well. At the 3:28 mark in the video, Rachel Dolezal confirms her black identity. Alas, she's not fooling anyone. It's sad to watch this story unfold, she needs help.

This is a really, really weird story. Just look at an older pic of her before she kinked her hair and the later ones. I think I have an idea what happened. They say her parents took in 4 black babies as foster kids, might have adopted them but I am not sure. That is a lot of re-directed parental attention. So I am guessing some part of her decided to try to "become black" to grab it back. Not saying the parents liked the adopted kids more, but I am saying this can happen and women are more prone to changes in parental attention than men.

I agree, she needs help. The rest is going to be fun to watch.
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2015 at 6:32:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
What is the big deal? Blacks have joined the KKK. Being a "voice of the black community" or a "voice for the handicapped" is simply a bandwagon that provides funds and power. Its no big deal.
June 13th, 2015 at 8:11:49 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
There are precedents in TV comedy. Just a few weeks ago, SNL had that skit about the white guy who talked "black" at work. And I love the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry fires his lawyer for pretending to be Jewish. Larry eventually hires a genuine Jewish lawyer, who turns out to be an incompetent attorney.