In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 5th, 2021 at 3:27:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
But yet you never held Trump responsible when he shut the economy down. If you have a problem with the shutdowns, why have you continuously placed heaping praise on Trump for how he handled the virus response, which included a lock down? HIS task force recommended the original shutdown. You only have a problem with shutdowns in democrat cities and democrat states?

For the 48th time, Trump called for a short term, 2-3 week, lockdown. Not what we ended up with.

Your side says Trump "ignored the virus" yet you praise him for a lockdown?
The President is a fink.
February 5th, 2021 at 3:29:16 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
For the 48th time, Trump called for a short term, 2-3 week, lockdown. Not what we ended up with.

Your side says Trump "ignored the virus" yet you praise him for a lockdown?

I have NEVER praised him for the shutdown. We got the worst of both worlds with his shutdown because he got impatient. Either shutdown and STAY shut down or don't shutdown at all.

And by the time he finally did decide on the shutdown, the border that he didn't pay attention to was already infested with the virus. Maybe if he would've taken all that energy he spent on the southern border and instead focused on air and sea ports, we would've been in a much better position.

But there's no money to be raised on protecting air and sea borders, now is there?
February 5th, 2021 at 3:52:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
FOX News has canceled Lou Dobbs’s daily propaganda hour.

That $2.7 billion lawsuit against the network from Smartmatic had NOTHING to do with it, I’m sure. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 5th, 2021 at 6:07:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Guess you missed the irony. I actually see the whole idea as problematic. For instance why would you want a city full of Muslim taxi drivers who won't drive anyone to the local bars because of their view on consumption of alcohol. Or if the only pharmacist in town won't fill birth control pills because of his beliefs. Or You find out the owners of a motel in the middle of nowhere won't let you stay in his rooms because you're not married to the woman you're with.

It's all fine if you've got plenty of easy alternatives. It's the minority view that isn't protected in such cases.

Btw, I use the word problematic because I don't necessarily see a full reversal as unproblematic either

I like your video. That is about as mad as we ever get.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 6th, 2021 at 3:07:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
I have NEVER praised him for the shutdown. We got the worst of both worlds with his shutdown because he got impatient. Either shutdown and STAY shut down or don't shutdown at all.

And by the time he finally did decide on the shutdown, the border that he didn't pay attention to was already infested with the virus. Maybe if he would've taken all that energy he spent on the southern border and instead focused on air and sea ports, we would've been in a much better position.

But there's no money to be raised on protecting air and sea borders, now is there?

So what, stay shut down for months? You think food will magically appear in your pantry? You have to face reality that this is not possible.

Maybe you forgot he did shut down air travel. Maybe you forgot your side yells "RACIST!" when we close air travel from other countries no matter the reason.

This china virus will continue for months now as Biden is mishandling it badly and not taking it serious. The deaths now are blood on his hands.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2021 at 3:31:57 AM permalink
ams288
This china virus will continue for months now as Biden is mishandling it badly and not taking it serious. The deaths now are blood on his hands.

Hopefully everyone is just gonna go ahead and ignore this valiant trolling attempt.

Don’t give him the oxygen he craves...
February 6th, 2021 at 6:45:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Hopefully everyone is just gonna go ahead and ignore this valiant trolling attempt.

Don’t give him the oxygen he craves...

Wrong. AZ just pointing out that Biden is NOT doing more than Trump. Frankly, even though now is around the worst time in the pandemic for the nation, we are less 'locked down' than ever. Cuomo opened up indoor dining even in "Orange Zones" because...... no POLITICAL gain to keep them closed. The EO saying you have to wear a mask while on federal property (except me, my friends, etc..) is a total joke of course.

The real point is that the President has little power or authority in this matter. The most important thing done was Trump energizing big Pharma (meaning giving them money) to develop a vaccine in record time, cutting FDA red tape to get it approved in record time, overcoming people like Cuomo (don't trust it until I say so!), distributing the tens of millions to the states..... I mean really, what has Biden actually DONE to slow the spread? Improve outcomes? Nothing.... but just by bitching that there were not enough doses he feels he is doing something....

AZ is spot on..... the President has done little of import in this pandemic.... but there really wasn't much he could have done.....
February 6th, 2021 at 8:30:40 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Wrong. AZ just pointing out that Biden is NOT doing more than Trump. Frankly, even though now is around the worst time in the pandemic for the nation, we are less 'locked down' than ever. Cuomo opened up indoor dining even in "Orange Zones" because...... no POLITICAL gain to keep them closed. The EO saying you have to wear a mask while on federal property (except me, my friends, etc..) is a total joke of course.

The real point is that the President has little power or authority in this matter. The most important thing done was Trump energizing big Pharma (meaning giving them money) to develop a vaccine in record time, cutting FDA red tape to get it approved in record time, overcoming people like Cuomo (don't trust it until I say so!), distributing the tens of millions to the states..... I mean really, what has Biden actually DONE to slow the spread? Improve outcomes? Nothing.... but just by bitching that there were not enough doses he feels he is doing something....

AZ is spot on..... the President has done little of import in this pandemic.... but there really wasn't much he could have done.....

None of this is what AZ was saying. lol

February 6th, 2021 at 10:26:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
None of this is what AZ was saying. lol

We can wait for AZ to weigh in. I took it as a sarcastic slap at all those who said "Trump has blood on his hands." That he believes NEITHER has blood on their hands. I do not blame Biden for any of the deaths that will occur under his watch. Nor did I blame Trump. To me, blame implies I believe there was some intentional wrongdoing. As an example, Cuomo's decision to seed the nursing homes with COVID infected individuals ABSOLUTELY resulted in more deaths, but I actually don't 'blame' him for them. He did not WANT those extra deaths, and was working with the limited information he had, and his limited ability to think ahead as to what the results of his orders would be.
February 6th, 2021 at 10:28:15 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
We can wait for AZ to weigh in. I took it as a sarcastic slap at all those who said "Trump has blood on his hands." That he believes NEITHER has blood on their hands. I do not blame Biden for any of the deaths that will occur under his watch. Nor did I blame Trump. To me, blame implies I believe there was some intentional wrongdoing. As an example, Cuomo's decision to seed the nursing homes with COVID infected individuals ABSOLUTELY resulted in more deaths, but I actually don't 'blame' him for them. He did not WANT those extra deaths, and was working with the limited information he had, and his limited ability to think ahead as to what the results of his orders would be.

Yeah, Duffman is known for his sarcasm. /s

I stand by my conclusion that it was a failed attempt at trolling.

Not sure why you keep bringing up Cuomo as his post was only about Biden.