In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 30th, 2021 at 1:17:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146

3.) Texas doesn't even put the BBQ sauce on until after it's cooked!!!

I don't like the Buckeyes.

BBQ sauce was only invented to try to make things taste BBQ'd. If you get good BBQ, sauce is not required at all. I eat dry rubbed ribs, pulled pork without BBQ sauce, brisket without BBQ sauce, or links without BBQ sauce. The sauce just hides the real smoky BBQ flavor. No, it is not BBQ if it isn't smoked.

As long as you are not a Wolverine fan, I won't be obligated to kill you.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 30th, 2021 at 1:20:47 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
A duel it is!

I can I have my daughter be my second or stand in? She was a junior world champion quick draw shooter shooting a 45 with an 8 inch barrel.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 30th, 2021 at 2:05:58 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: kenarman
Quote: JimRockford

Here is a little nod to Texas culture from the Stones.

I hadn't seen that before Jim. Thanks

Austin has a unique, vibrant live music scene that evolved from a collection of Texas country and hippie rock musicians who setup here in the early 70s. Waylon Jennings was a big part of that early music scene.

Then more that thirty years after that, the The Rolling Effing Stones in Austin singing a Waylon Jennings standard that mentions Willie Nelson by name, steel guitar and all. It was world wide rock royalty acknowledging that they know where they are and what Austin music is about. I'll always respect the them for learning that song and performing it here.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 30th, 2021 at 2:28:54 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
BBQ sauce was only invented to try to make things taste BBQ'd. If you get good BBQ, sauce is not required at all. I eat dry rubbed ribs, pulled pork without BBQ sauce, brisket without BBQ sauce, or links without BBQ sauce. The sauce just hides the real smoky BBQ flavor. No, it is not BBQ if it isn't smoked.

As long as you are not a Wolverine fan, I won't be obligated to kill you.

I'm not. I don't really have a favorite College FB team as I don't watch it (college, specifically) anymore. Gun to my head, Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 30th, 2021 at 2:29:35 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I can I have my daughter be my second or stand in? She was a junior world champion quick draw shooter shooting a 45 with an 8 inch barrel.

You may, but please know that I am not going to even attempt to win...though it's not like the outcome would be in doubt even if I did. I will die from a bullet to the heart with grace---having never even reached for my gun.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 30th, 2021 at 4:52:32 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4

The best parts of Ohio are where the Amish live and I can get good baby swiss cheese and Trail bologna.

Texas BBQ is very good, it may not be one of my favorite BBQ styles but I would still eat that over almost all other foods.

BTW, go Buckeyes.

Is Trail Bologna what the Ohio Amish call Lebanon bologna?
June 30th, 2021 at 5:01:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: gamerfreak
Is Trail Bologna what the Ohio Amish call Lebanon bologna?

I am not sure about Ohio, but the PA Amish definitely call it Lebanon Bologna. I have never heard of trail bologna (granted I have never visited Amish businesses in Ohio, I have lots of family in PA Amish country.)

As a kid I always thought they were saying "Lemon and Bologna", I never understood the name until well into adulthood (granted I was never a fan so its not something I spent a great deal of time thinking about or looking at labels).
June 30th, 2021 at 5:31:20 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Gandler
I am not sure about Ohio, but the PA Amish definitely call it Lebanon Bologna. I have never heard of trail bologna (granted I have never visited Amish businesses in Ohio, I have lots of family in PA Amish country.)

As a kid I always thought they were saying "Lemon and Bologna", I never understood the name until well into adulthood (granted I was never a fan so its not something I spent a great deal of time thinking about or looking at labels).

Yea, I am right by Lancaster.

Sweet Lebanon Bologna is by far my favorite cold cut, although I try not to eat it often.
June 30th, 2021 at 5:49:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: gamerfreak
Yea, I am right by Lancaster.

Sweet Lebanon Bologna is by far my favorite cold cut, although I try not to eat it often.

Oh so you live right in Amish country literally.

My Father loves it (along with other obscure meats that are somewhat similar, at least to me, Canadian Bacon, and Pork Roll), but I could never get into it. But, I am not somebody who is big on cold cuts or lunchmeat type stuff in general. Lebanon Bologna just sticks in my head so much because of the embarrassing mix up (calling it Lemon and Bologna, I always thought it was some kind of flavored Bologna with Lemon and I guess I was never corrected or at least never heeded).
June 30th, 2021 at 5:57:28 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
You may, but please know that I am not going to even attempt to win...though it's not like the outcome would be in doubt even if I did. I will die from a bullet to the heart with grace---having never even reached for my gun.
She might be able to start a cottage enterprise. Put me down for two.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW