In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 30th, 2021 at 7:19:25 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: petroglyph
She might be able to start a cottage enterprise. Put me down for two.

In most games, I have found that resignation is more elegant and graceful than to be easily defeated trying when you know you are outmatched.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 30th, 2021 at 7:21:02 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Oh so you live right in Amish country literally.

My Father loves it (along with other obscure meats that are somewhat similar, at least to me, Canadian Bacon, and Pork Roll), but I could never get into it. But, I am not somebody who is big on cold cuts or lunchmeat type stuff in general. Lebanon Bologna just sticks in my head so much because of the embarrassing mix up (calling it Lemon and Bologna, I always thought it was some kind of flavored Bologna with Lemon and I guess I was never corrected or at least never heeded).

That's not embarrassing; it tastes like a disgusting pile of expired wet dog food either way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 1st, 2021 at 7:07:47 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: Mission146
That's not embarrassing; it tastes like a disgusting pile of expired wet dog food either way.

That would be scrapple.

Lebanon Bologna is a gift.
July 1st, 2021 at 8:17:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: gamerfreak
That would be scrapple.

Lebanon Bologna is a gift.

I wouldn't feed scrapple to a dog.
July 1st, 2021 at 9:33:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:

Gun owners in San Jose, California, will soon face a yearly tax and be required to carry additional insurance after their city council voted unanimously Tuesday evening to impose the new measures.

The forthcoming fee for gun ownership in the city has not yet been determined, but officials said that anyone found to be in noncompliance will have their weapons confiscated.

The city council's aim is to try to recoup the cost of responding to gun incidents such as shootings and deaths. According to the Pacific Council on Research and Evaluation, which studied the issue and sent a representative to testify before the panel, gun-related incidents cost the city roughly $63 million every year
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2021 at 9:57:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Gun owners in San Jose, California, will soon face a yearly tax and be required to carry additional insurance after their city council voted unanimously Tuesday evening to impose the new measures

Common sense. Works for cars. Why not guns?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 1st, 2021 at 11:13:13 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Such a shame that SJ's version of common sense carries no legal weight in the courts.
This law will be overturned the way of 10 round magazine restrictions will be once both get to the SCOTUS.
Thank You Orange Man for putting 3 conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to reverse local government overreach.
Gorsuch/Kavanaugh/Barrett are the Trump Legacy.
Arizona new voter law regulations just upheld by SCOTUS, good luck Mr. Garland on your GA lawsuit!
Damn that pesky Constitution, it always gets in the way of Leftists.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 1st, 2021 at 11:19:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
Such a shame that SJ's version of common sense carries no legal weight in the courts.
This law will be overturned the way of 10 round magazine restrictions will be once both get to the SCOTUS.
Thank You Orange Man for putting 3 conservative Justices on the SCOTUS to reverse local government overreach.
Arizona new voter law regulations just upheld by SCOTUS, good luck Mr. Garland on your GA lawsuit!

The confiscation part may be ruled unconstutional. Not sure why the rest would.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2021 at 11:31:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09

Translation:

The GOP can’t win elections based on their unpopular ideas, so they have to rely on activist judges to carry out their will.

They have become what they used to despise...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 1st, 2021 at 11:39:01 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
The confiscation part may be ruled unconstutional. Not sure why the rest would.

It won't be. If it was ruled Constitutional that a city mandates audio and video recordings of all gun transactions, there is no way requiring insurance will be ruled unconstitutional.

I personally think it is a great idea, it passes on the costs of accidents to individuals instead of the public (like driving). (Yes, the individual at fault is always responsibility, but good luck to a City for collecting 100k in damages to City property from an uninsured individual, especially if they live out of State.... Collections are virtually impossible without an insurance company to go after especially if it is an out of State person)....

The argument that criminals will just ignore the mandate, is circular in my view. People ignore car insurance, as long as they keep their car on private property ots fine, but once you enter the public domain, you will be caught (and likley have the car seized, same thing if you open carry without insurance). Confiscating illegal guns (like cars) already happens everyday, this would just make more illegal... I don't see the issue.... Criminals always ignore insurance mandates, and when they are caught the property gets confiscated....

For clarity, I think at a City and State level this is reasonable (like most insurance mandates), I would not support (and it never would be) something Federal level. But, local governments already have the right to require all kinds of insurance for all kinds of activities, why should guns be any different?