In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 11th, 2021 at 5:41:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Everybody is asking where the hell is Pete Buttcrack during the airline crisis. He's the transportation secretary, he should be on the news every day. Nobody knows where he is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 11th, 2021 at 6:53:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Everybody is asking where the hell is Pete Buttcrack during the airline crisis. He's the transportation secretary, he should be on the news every day. Nobody knows where he is.

Saw him at the bathhouse last night getting railed.

JOKING
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 11th, 2021 at 7:18:07 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3

Also where in the hell is Buttcrack during the crisis at the ports? It has been said that buttcrack is indirectly responsible for the oil spill off California because of all the cargo ships which are required to be moored offshore due to port problems.

This is what you get when a completely unqualified idiot was made transportation secretary.
Let's go Brandon
October 11th, 2021 at 8:52:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter

This is what you get when a completely unqualified idiot was made transportation secretary.

He is not an idiot but he is not what he appears to be. He's a politician, he's all hat and no cattle as they say in Texas. He's a BS artist. He's highly educated and he knows how to talk the talk but he has no idea how to walk the walk. Just like most politicians. I can guarantee you he has no idea what he's doing as Transportation secretary. He's in a position where he's expected to do things except run his mouth. I've read that lots and lots of people who know him personally can't stand him. He's all ego and ruthless ambition. He's Hillary Clinton and Kamala Harris and nobody can stand them either. He's your basic smooth-talking sociopath politician. And now he's in a real spot he doesn't know how to get out of it without looking like the jerk he really is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2021 at 12:54:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

This administration is very good at being MIA. You don't see Biden keeping a rigorous schedule and a few of his top people seem to follow the same plan. VP Harris is distancing herself from the action so as not to further taint her image--the Southern border is very easy to find (thousands find it every day!) and she is "in charge" but does not seem to be able to point her plane in that direction. The transportation secretary is not out front leading on transportation. I guess State and Defense get around the most, but they brought in thousands of improperly vetted Afghan folks and forgot a few thousand they should have brought here instead.

The rose-colored glasses defenders of this group wear are in some ways worse than the ones worn by people who supported every move and comment of Trump. Worse? Yes. People who supported Trump pretty much knew he was going to do some crazy shit along the way. People who thought they supported sanity supported Biden...and they got this pile of dung of an administration.

Has Jen Psaki ever really circled back?

I am sure the defenders will step up and gaslight and all that other crap they do (and they accuse others of doing); it won't change any minds either way. This is the place where we talk at each other, toss in some veiled and unveiled insults, and solidify just how screwed up we think the other side is! Cheers!
October 12th, 2021 at 1:14:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Could be the women are lonely and unable to find anyone else to care about them.

A hard shell Southern Baptist once told me something similar, i.e. the reason Mormon men were able to have more than one wife was because the women were unable to find husbands elsewhere back east so they figured that "part of a husband was better than none" so off to Utah they went.
I saw a program on a modern day Mormon cult where they went back to polygamy. The young men who were not selected to get wives were expected to live without wives. Many left , and they interviewed these, and of course they were quite disgruntled. It's as if their role was not thought out. In the main church, when they had polygamy, something must have been better thought out . I have never seen a thing about it, though, have you?

I'm not saying what the Baptist related never happened, but I doubt it was much of a factor. There's just a shortage of women that develops for the other men.

That program I saw was a Texas cult. The state was furious with it because they manipulated the welfare laws, the women were married in the eyes of the cult, but were to just be single mothers collecting welfare the way they set it up for TX. I haven't heard how that all worked out, it's years later now
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 12th, 2021 at 3:02:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
I saw a program on a modern day Mormon cult where they went back to polygamy. The young men who were not selected to get wives were expected to live without wives. Many left , and they interviewed these, and of course they were quite disgruntled. It's as if their role was not thought out. In the main church, when they had polygamy, something must have been better thought out . I have never seen a thing about it, though, have you?

I remember when they talked about one of these groups they said the beta males were either free to go or kind of forced out. The women were intentionally driven to motherhood early so they could not effectively leave. Omega males I do not remember but were probably tolerated since there is always work to be done and they do not bother the alphas for the most part by definition.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2021 at 12:04:22 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
deleted
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 13th, 2021 at 7:03:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Was looking at 90yr ear old William Shatner walking up 7 flights of stairs to board Bezos rocket. How many 90 year olds can even do that?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 13th, 2021 at 9:39:54 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

He showed up a week ago on Bloomberg. Says the supply chain bottlenecks could last 'years and years'.

Chiips, pharmaceuticals and just about everything else we need, is made in China.