In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 13th, 2021 at 12:11:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: odiousgambit
I'm not saying what the Baptist related never happened, but I doubt it was much of a factor. There's just a shortage of women that develops for the other men.

I never tried to "fact check" it.

The source, a hard-boiled, old school Southern Baptist college professor who was nearly foaming at the mouth when telling the tale: he got all worked up over Mormons, for whatever reason.

I figured it was justo more "Baptist BS."
October 13th, 2021 at 1:09:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
BidenFlation at work. This is the price increases
on food.

Ground beef: + 10.6 percent.
Steaks: +22.1 percent.
Bacon: +19.3 percent.
Pork roasts, ribs, steaks: +19.2 percent.
Chickens: +17.1 percent.
Fresh fish: +10.7 percent.
Eggs: +12.6 percent.
Peanut Butter: +6.2 percent.
Apples: + 7.8 percent.
Ham: +7 percent.
Baby food: +4.4 percent.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 14th, 2021 at 4:08:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Liberal Democrat mecca San Fransisco losing 5 Walgreens because they relaxed the shoplifting laws there so as to not be "mean" to the underclass. Now they have been shoplifted to death.

The sad part is it might be a decade or more before the locals come to their senses and stop electing the left-wing pols who made it all possible. They will keep saying "we lock too many people in prison already!"
The President is a fink.
October 14th, 2021 at 10:02:26 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

Liberal Democrat mecca San Fransisco losing 5 Walgreens because they relaxed the shoplifting laws there so as to not be "mean" to the underclass. Now they have been shoplifted to death.

The sad part is it might be a decade or more before the locals come to their senses and stop electing the left-wing pols who made it all possible. They will keep saying "we lock too many people in prison already!"

Wasn't it Detroit that did not have a single supermarket in the city limits for over 10 years because of the theft?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 14th, 2021 at 10:08:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich

Wasn't it Detroit that did not have a single supermarket in the city limits for over 10 years because of the theft?

Hard to say. Detroit is one of the larger cities geographically so that would be huge.

These places are going to keep circling the drain until a Rudy-type gets charge and does what needs to be done. SF is more and more going the way of some dystopian place where the rich live great and everyone else struggles to survive the day.
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2021 at 2:30:31 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Evenbob
Everybody is asking where the hell is Pete Buttcrack during the airline crisis. He's the transportation secretary, he should be on the news every day. Nobody knows where he is.

He was on maternity leave since mid-August.

As cargo ships congested at U.S. ports, creating an unprecedented supply-chain crisis, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was on paid leave to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies.
October 15th, 2021 at 3:29:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko

A male on maternity leave, one in an executive position at that. Talk about bizarro world!
The President is a fink.
October 15th, 2021 at 4:15:06 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

As cargo ships congested at U.S. ports, creating an unprecedented supply-chain crisis, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was on paid leave to spend time with his husband, Chasten, and their two newborn babies.

I am okay with his paternity leave as a concept, but even an idiot knows that certain important jobs can't just be left alone for 12 weeks. What was he doing? What was his deputy doing? The Transportation Department being absent in a transportation crisis is unacceptable. He should be held accountable. You can delegate authority but not responsibility--he needs to explain himself to Congress and tell them how he is working to make things better.

If he can explain it and actually did stuff, or caused the deputy to do stuff, to improve the situation, okay.

The Administration as a whole was late to the party. That is a common theme these days.
October 15th, 2021 at 4:53:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Was looking at 90yr ear old William Shatner walking up 7 flights of stairs to board Bezos rocket. How many 90 year olds can even do that?
I just hunted with an 86 yr old who could, I'm telling you. He even has more teeth than me
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 15th, 2021 at 4:55:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC

I am okay with his paternity leave as a concept, but even an idiot knows that certain important jobs can't just be left alone for 12 weeks. What was he doing? What was his deputy doing? The Transportation Department being absent in a transportation crisis is unacceptable. He should be held accountable. You can delegate authority but not responsibility--he needs to explain himself to Congress and tell them how he is working to make things better.

If he can explain it and actually did stuff, or caused the deputy to do stuff, to improve the situation, okay.

The Administration as a whole was late to the party. That is a common theme these days.

Don't you get it? He is gay so he is allowed to do whatever he wants to do.

A GOP Senator goes on vacation to Mexico and somehow he is responsible for the electrical grid handled by state not federal people.

A gay guy wants a 12 week vacation from an executive job and he is just "taking care of family."

IMHO there should be no maternity or paternity leave from executive level jobs. When you take a job at that level you are saying the job is the most important thing.
The President is a fink.