In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 14th, 2022 at 1:46:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Despite the handwaving over China, the idea that a nation of 1 billion can be altered much by the US policy alone or anyone else is likely fantasy. Especially as they have caught on to modernization combined with more economic capitalism but kept their political system essentially in place.

China is playing with its big boy pants firmly on.
Sun Tzu, firmly in place.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 14th, 2022 at 2:09:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Is it worse to work under someone rather dumb or insane? I find it a tossup.

Personal experience? Hmm. I don't have an answer to that. In terms of the people I've worked under lifetime, the dumb ones were also insane. Seems like everyone I have ever worked under was either neither, or both.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 2:10:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
There is not systematic racism.

You're probably right about that "systematic racism," but I was talking about "systemic racism."

Pay closer attention, you look foolish.
January 14th, 2022 at 2:44:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
You're probably right about that "systematic racism," but I was talking about "systemic racism."

Pay closer attention, you look foolish.

I look foolish? I am not the one fascinated by skin color.
The President is a fink.
January 14th, 2022 at 3:56:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Personal experience? Hmm. I don't have an answer to that. In terms of the people I've worked under lifetime, the dumb ones were also insane. Seems like everyone I have ever worked under was either neither, or both.

You're right, it could easily be both, but I was trying to think of some examples. Dumb is the boss requires everyone to stand and recite some company motto every morning that everyone stops paying attention to after the first two times. Insane is when the boss tells you to drop everything to take care of customers but keeps expecting to have certain things done by certain times of day even when the customer flow often makes that time frame system impossible. And then doesn't appreciate hearing why that doesn't work.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 14th, 2022 at 3:57:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You're right, it could easily be both, but I was trying to think of some examples. Dumb is the boss requires everyone to stand and recite some company motto every morning that everyone stops paying attention to after the first two times. Insane is when the boss tells you to drop everything to take care of customers but keeps expecting you have certain things done by certain times of day even when the customer flow often makes that time frame system impossible. And then doesn't appreciate hearing why that doesn't work.

I understand what you're saying now. Give me the dumb boss. The dumb boss is easier to work around so that you can get your job done correctly; the ones who are insane, but not dumb, tend to be hyper vigilant.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 14th, 2022 at 5:57:09 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
I look foolish? I am not the one fascinated by skin color.

You're either myopic, color blind, or unable to process what you see.

Look around, Sparky: blacks have not achieved social, cultural or economic parity in America with the whites.

Here's food for thought: how many "white" ghettos can you name?
January 14th, 2022 at 6:24:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
You're either myopic, color blind, or unable to process what you see.

Look around, Sparky: blacks have not achieved social, cultural or economic parity in America with the whites.

Here's food for thought: how many "white" ghettos can you name?

How many white ghettos? Lots of them. They are out in rural areas for the most part.

Blacks have been given every chance. As I said, their problems are self-inflicted at this point.

A black tries to succeed he is told he is "acting white" or called an Uncle Tom.

80% or so of black babies are illegitimate, the quickest road to a lifetime of poverty.

Are whites causing the crime in black neighborhoods?

Black credit ratings tend to be lower than whites. Blacks do not transfer wealth inter-generationally anywhere near any other group.

I said it before, somehow blacks from Africa tend to do well in the USA. Irish used to be as discriminated against as blacks. Jews the same. Look at how Latinos do, they are moving up very fast.

If you have kids out of wedlock and do not try to get educated you will live in poverty. That is what is happening. "Racism" is not causing it.
The President is a fink.
January 15th, 2022 at 1:02:55 AM permalink
missedhervee
While I agree with your description of the problems with blacks, I submit those problems exist because they view themselves as being "other" and second class citizens.

America has a long, deep-seated history of racism against blacks; no wonder they have failed so spectacularly.
January 15th, 2022 at 7:27:39 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3