In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 17th, 2022 at 4:13:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny’s dumb racist lie: “If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine, or if you’re white, you don’t get therapeutics.”

Quote: fleaswatter
Is this a lie?

Yes. Yes it is. Obviously. Try harder.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 17th, 2022 at 4:21:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-rep-pledged-bring-own-105838060.html

Talk about entitled. Back when I was working, I always brought lunch to work. I rarely ate out for lunch. Too expensive. I was good with my home made lunch. Some politicians have really lost touch. They view a home made lunch as a hardship.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2022 at 6:34:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Donny’s dumb racist lie: “If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine, or if you’re white, you don’t get therapeutics.”

Yes. Yes it is. Obviously. Try harder.

Welllllll….. let’s take the vaccine and the therapeutics separately…..

Vaccine…. when it first became available, here in NYS, I was unable to sign up for the vaccine within a month locally. There were vaccines reserved for specific zip codes which were in predominantly black areas. ABSOLUTELY being black gave you an advantage in vaccine availability here. Of course that is no longer true, as anyone can walk into any number of places and get a poke virtually immediately.

Therapeutics….. NYS has made it OFFICIAL POLICY that being black puts you at the top of the list with people with certain pre existing conditions. Being black is actually equated with being a pre existing condition!

So of course Trump misspoke, but there is some meat on that bone.
January 17th, 2022 at 6:40:48 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO

Vaccine…. when it first became available, here in NYS, I was unable to sign up for the vaccine within a month locally. There were vaccines reserved for specific zip codes which were in predominantly black areas. ABSOLUTELY being black gave you an advantage in vaccine availability here. Of course that is no longer true, as anyone can walk into any number of places and get a poke virtually immediately.

Therapeutics….. NYS has made it OFFICIAL POLICY that being black puts you at the top of the list with people with certain pre existing conditions. Being black is actually equated with being a pre existing condition!

No meat on the bone
Triage is not racist
Its trying to do the most good with limited resources
White people are used to being in the front of the line regarding limited resources. Tell them somebody needs it more due to triage is not racism.
If you are white, go to the emergency room and being ignored because a black man has a more serious condition is not racism, its triage
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 17th, 2022 at 7:41:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Let's see...Terapined or the guy who literally practiced medicine in the State of New York. Tough call. LOL
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 17th, 2022 at 7:42:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
No meat on the bone
Triage is not racist
Its trying to do the most good with limited resources
White people are used to being in the front of the line regarding limited resources. Tell them somebody needs it more due to triage is not racism.
If you are white, go to the emergency room and being ignored because a black man has a more serious condition is not racism, its triage

Of course! But you totally missed the point! NYS is using RACE as a factor in the triage decision. There was a point in my career where I was in charge of determining which ‘urgent’ case was ‘more urgent’. I can assure you, race was NEVER a factor in the decision making process.
January 17th, 2022 at 3:35:51 PM permalink
terapined
Of course! But you totally missed the point! NYS is using RACE as a factor in the triage decision. There was a point in my career where I was in charge of determining which ‘urgent’ case was ‘more urgent’. I can assure you, race was NEVER a factor in the decision making process.

If this is the case then its wrong
But
This is really an isolated mole Hill
The real problem is that Trump uses this as a dog whistle to his dumb base making them think that the entire medical system regarding the virus is racist and against whites
Its dangerous incitement
It encourages more Herman Cain award winners
Its a lie
But of course you ignore the big huge problem and nibble at ways to defend his racism.
January 17th, 2022 at 3:54:49 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

You say “misspoke,” I say “told a race-baiting lie to rile up his ignorant rally crowd.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 17th, 2022 at 4:44:23 PM permalink
terapined
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/15/2074895/-Journalist-states-the-obvious-COVID-is-killing-Trump-supporters-by-the-hundreds-each-day

As the days go by. 2022 is slipping from the Republicans grasp.

"The profile of a typical COVID victim is now an older unvaccinated person who is obese and lives in a rural area, far from a hospital. In other words, this is the same profile as a Trumper."
January 17th, 2022 at 5:05:48 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yes, it's the Archie Bunkers of America paying the price of their folly.