In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 15th, 2022 at 7:34:14 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Talk about "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face":

Kittitas County says WSDOT refused help for clearing snow over lack of vaccine mandate

Quote:
Kittitas County leaders revealed Wednesday that the Washington State Department of Transportation refused assistance to clear snow from roadways in the region over the county’s lack of a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for its workers.

This is what happens when you have looney lefties in charge.

Let's go Brandon
January 15th, 2022 at 9:58:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter

You don’t share much info about yourself. Just show up to do your daily trolling attempts in the politics threads and don’t engage anywhere else. Do you live in VA? Otherwise why do you care?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 16th, 2022 at 5:05:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288

You don’t share much info about yourself. Just show up to do your daily trolling attempts in the politics threads and don’t engage anywhere else. Do you live in VA? Otherwise why do you care?

I don’t live in Virginia but I ‘care’ because it shows the rebound from the policies of the looney left sometimes reach all the way to the far right. The improved prosecutions are the best thing about what Youngkin will be doing. I believe that none of these changes are surprises, and the majority of Virginians would be in support of them. That’s why there was an election.
January 16th, 2022 at 5:32:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

I don’t live in Virginia but I ‘care’ because it shows the rebound from the policies of the looney left sometimes reach all the way to the far right. The improved prosecutions are the best thing about what Youngkin will be doing. I believe that none of these changes are surprises, and the majority of Virginians would be in support of them. That’s why there was an election.

Most of what he did is much ado about nothing
Surprised at you Soopoo
Covid is the biggest issue facing our country and the right is making it worse.
I don't know about you but I still wear a mask indoors and still avoid indoor crowds. A major reason I wear a mask in say the grocery store is not just me but for the people that have to deal with hundreds of customers a day.
The Gov just made VA a more dangerous place to live.
Not good.
Schools and school districts should have the right to determine mask policies
VA is a big state
Its an extremely densely packed population near DC and other parts very rural
Its really dumb and dangerous for the Gov to Bigfoot onto individual districts and schools regarding masks
Schools should have the right to protect their students and teachers if a breakout occurs locally
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 16th, 2022 at 9:06:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

I couldn’t care less about VA’s Governor is doing. ESPECIALLY since VA is weird and governors can only serve one consecutive term. The next gov will just come and clean up Youngkin’s mess.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 16th, 2022 at 12:38:02 PM permalink
terapined
"The left is now rationing lifesaving therapeutics based on race, discriminating against and denigrating, just denigrating, white people to determine who lives and who dies. If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine, or if you’re white, you don’t get therapeutics.”

Trump at his rally
WTF
Its a total lie
Is he trying to start a race war
I have no doubt Trump will hurt Republicans 2022
He totally unhinged and packing them in
It's like the KKK has taken over
KKK is not a good look for the republican party
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 16th, 2022 at 1:08:52 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
After 23 subway pushes in 2021. NYC had it's first one of the new year, yesterday. He claimed he timed it perfectly.
January 16th, 2022 at 1:19:25 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
After 23 subway pushes in 2021. NYC had it's first one of the new year, yesterday. He claimed he timed it perfectly.

A lot of sick crazies out there
Old days, the crazies were committed to mental institutions
These days due to budget cuts. They are on the streets.
January 16th, 2022 at 3:45:15 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tanko

A lot of sick crazies out there
Old days, the crazies were committed to mental institutions
These days due to budget cuts. They are on the streets.

When I rode the subways as a teen and young adult, I ALWAYS assumed someone would try and push me onto the tracks, and stayed as close to the center of the platform as possible. If there were 23 last year, it is obviously something to consider.
January 16th, 2022 at 5:52:45 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined
"The left is now rationing lifesaving therapeutics based on race, discriminating against and denigrating, just denigrating, white people to determine who lives and who dies. If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine, or if you’re white, you don’t get therapeutics.”

Trump at his rally
WTF
Its a total lie
Is he trying to start a race war
I have no doubt Trump will hurt Republicans 2022
He totally unhinged and packing them in
It's like the KKK has taken over
KKK is not a good look for the republican party

Is this a lie?

New York’s Race-Based Preferential Covid Treatments
Quote:
New York state recently published guidelines for dispensing potentially life-saving monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals like Paxlovid to people suffering from mild to moderate symptoms of Covid-19. These treatments are in short supply, and they must be allocated to those most in need.
According to these guidelines, sick people who have tested positive for Covid should be eligible to receive these drugs if they have “a medical condition or other factors that increase their risk for severe illness.” These include standard criteria like age and comorbidities like cancer, diabetes and heart disease—but, startlingly, they also include simply being of “non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity,” which “should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19.”

Here is NY Department of Health guidance

Look at the bottom of page 2, I quote:
Quote:
Non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19

or how about:

Utah, Minnesota face legal threats for using race as a factor to determine COVID treatment eligibility as non-whites were at greater risk for hospitalization

You really need to expand your news sources.

Let's go Brandon