In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 31st, 2022 at 6:52:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Spotify is up 9% or so premarket.

It has lost 25% of the stock value over the past month or so as it looks like the subscriber level maybe level off or fall. It is down 45% in the past year and has been down over 50% from the high within the pat 52 weeks.

Spotify does not pay particularly well according to folks in the business I know, though none are on top acts. Maybe they pay them more per play or however they pay.

We’ll see how it plays out, but part of this may be a play to get more money from platforms that pay better guised as a protest.

We will see how many artists leave the platform and what percentage of the business their works represent overall.

Most of the folks (outside of country artists) that I listen to lean left or farther left. I listen to them for music, not politics. They can easily support stuff like soft on crime DAs, for example, because many of them have their own security staff.

There is so much music out there that an artist has to be kind of crazy to not want their work available. So far it appears SPOT knows that if you give into an extortionist once that you will give in over, over, and over.
The President is a fink.
January 31st, 2022 at 1:23:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I had an undiagnosed broken back for over 10 years and ate twinkies and cheese-its and I weigh under 160 pounds.

A tapeworm gotten from gas station hot dogs will do that for you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 31st, 2022 at 1:26:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I saw a comment that it might not be Bridget Fonda.

She's great in Jackie Brown. She plays this obnoxious bitch that Robert De Niro eventually shoots in the face just to get her to shut up. I bet I've seen that movie five times. It's a classic.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 31st, 2022 at 3:17:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Seattle officials planned to cede police station to BLM group, report says

Some city they are running out there. Give a police station to a group that burns, loots, and murders.
The President is a fink.
January 31st, 2022 at 5:28:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
NY Dems have submitted a new congressional map that gives Dem reps a 22D-4R gerrymander.

The John Lewis voting rights act would prohibit this map. But the GOP blocked it. 🤷‍♂️
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 1st, 2022 at 7:34:21 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
A tapeworm gotten from gas station hot dogs will do that for you.

Nope, it is simpler than that. I just don't eat much. Yesterday I had 4oz of chicken. That was it, no sides or anything else.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 1st, 2022 at 8:54:40 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
In his remarks delivered at the Hoover Institution yesterday, George Soros called for regime change in China.

"It is to be hoped that Xi Jinping may be replaced by someone less repressive at home and more peaceful abroad. This would remove the greatest threat that open societies face today and they should do everything within their power to encourage China to move in the desired direction."

Guessing he won't be ordering Chinese take out any time soon.
February 1st, 2022 at 9:11:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Bizarro World intellectual Whoopi Goldberg says Holocaust was 'not about race'

"If you’re going to do this, then let’s be truthful about it, because the Holocaust isn’t about race. No. It’s not about race.”

Colbert gave her a chance to clarify her remarks later that day.

"I stand corrected."

Then, she doubled down.

“Most of the Nazis were white people and most of the people they were attacking were white people. So to me, I’m thinking, ‘How can you say it’s about race if you are fighting each other?'” she told Colbert.

“This wasn’t — I said — this wasn’t racial. This was about white on white,” she said.
February 1st, 2022 at 9:17:12 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I can see her point: it's religion / culture, not race.

Jews are "white" people.
February 1st, 2022 at 10:22:19 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I can see her point: it's religion / culture, not race.

Jews are "white" people.

I agree with that.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.