In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 15th, 2022 at 3:14:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Perhaps Musk thinks he can turn it around.

Twitter stock price rose 350% when Trump began using it. It peaked in Feb 2021, then fell 52% before the Musk purchase.

The company lost $221 million last year, and quarterly earnings growth is down 18% over the past twelve months.
April 15th, 2022 at 4:45:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Perhaps Musk thinks he can turn it around.

Twitter stock price rose 350% when Trump began using it. It peaked in Feb 2021, then fell 52% before the Musk purchase.

The company lost $221 million last year, and quarterly earnings growth is down 18% over the past twelve months.

This ain't about Trump
It's about the Twitter account Elon Musks Jet
Some teen runs the account and tracks all his movements
If you ever want to know where Elon Musk is, just check that account
It's the account Elon Musk hates the most and is desperate to shut down
Elon Musk is actually looking for more censorship
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 15th, 2022 at 5:52:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I don’t blame the BLM lady at all for being triggered by the need to file certain forms with the IRS to be considered a legitimate charitable organization.

I am triggered every year about this time by having to file IRS forms.
April 17th, 2022 at 6:09:49 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Total moron Mika Brzezinski in 2017. Weeks after the Trump inauguration.

"It could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens he could have undermined the messaging so much that he could control exactly what people think, and that is our job."

"Yeah!, and if you look at ...." - Scarborough agreeing with her
April 17th, 2022 at 7:07:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
New Weekend at Bernie’s sequel already in the can.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 17th, 2022 at 7:26:30 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
Total moron Mika Brzezinski in 2017. Weeks after the Trump inauguration.

"It could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens he could have undermined the messaging so much that he could control exactly what people think, and that is our job."

"Yeah!, and if you look at ...." - Scarborough agreeing with her

WTF
2017????????
Is this deflection from the Moscow propaganda station foxnews
Looks like Tanko can't deal with Putins favorite channel in the present and has decided to live in the wayback machine
Too funny
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 18th, 2022 at 5:52:53 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I enjoy hearing some on the left complaining about the possibility of Elon Musk buying Twitter. They complain that it is going to take away their right to free speech.

Didn’t we already decide that there is no current right to free speech on social media platforms since the government does not own or control them?

It did not matter so much when those on the right were silenced by those platforms or legitimate news items were suppressed…

I haven’t seen those complaints here, so it seems folks here get it or don’t care…
April 18th, 2022 at 6:17:19 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
I enjoy hearing some on the left complaining about the possibility of Elon Musk buying Twitter. They complain that it is going to take away their right to free speech.

Didn’t we already decide that there is no current right to free speech on social media platforms since the government does not own or control them?

It did not matter so much when those on the right were silenced by those platforms or legitimate news items were suppressed…

I haven’t seen those complaints here, so it seems folks here get it or don’t care…

There is no right to free speech on private property just as there is no right to free speech here
Wizards home, wizards rules
No different then twitter
Anybody banned from Twitter still retains their right to free speech
Twitter banning an individual has absolutely nothing to do with free speech
It's a private property issue
Of you don't like all the money Twitter spends on private property tech
Go to truth social. They do it on the cheap and it doesn't work. Telling
I deleted Twitter
Pretty meaningless to me
And
I did not lose any free speech rights due to deleting twitter

Elon Musk is looking to censor the Elon Musk Jet account. Anybody on the planet can determine exactly where Elon is due to that account that Elon totally hates. He views it as a stalker acct but he can't do anything about it unless he owns the Twitter property and he doesn't

Take WOV. I've been threatened with suspension for posting against the Bac system the Wizard protects. I have no free speech rights on WOV. I no longer post there due to the Wizards bac system protection censorship. WOV has a right to censor whatever they want. Private Property
April 18th, 2022 at 8:15:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Elon Musk is looking to censor the Elon Musk Jet account. Anybody on the planet can determine exactly where Elon is due to that account that Elon totally hates. He views it as a stalker acct but he can't do anything about it unless he owns the Twitter property and he doesn't

Actually, all he has to do is change the tail number on his plane or sell it and get a different plane.

II still get daily texts on the aircraft whereabouts of one of our companies jets that we sold. Sadly, I can't remember my credentials to log back in to Flightaware and quit following the plane.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 18th, 2022 at 8:27:02 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
Actually, all he has to do is change the tail number on his plane or sell it and get a different plane.

The Elon Musk Jet acct on Twitter will simply track his new plane or new tail number

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/19/elon-musks-jet-the-twitter-account-that-uses-a-bot-to-track-musk-in-flight/