April 11th, 2022 at 2:14:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Evenbob, 4 days ago:

Evenbob, today:

LMAO

Twitter is pretty meaningless too me
After Trump was gone, no need to check to see if the orange oaf was gonna burn down the country
I deleted it and that's that.
Doesn't it limit the amount of characters
If you have something to say, why say it there?
Could you imagine a great poster like Paco on Twitter
It's absurd.
I heard Ted Cruz immediately checks Twitter after his turn questioning the newly confirmed justice
WTF
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 12th, 2022 at 8:09:24 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
While Americans increasingly struggle to pay taxes, buy food, buy medical insurance and pay their bills in an 8.4% inflation rate environment, flat-broke NYS has added an additional $220 million to the state budget to pay for Medicaid for up to 20,000 illegals 65 and older.
April 12th, 2022 at 8:17:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko
While Americans increasingly struggle to pay taxes, buy food, buy medical insurance and pay their bills in an 8.4% inflation rate environment, flat-broke NYS has added an additional $220 million to the state budget to pay for Medicaid for up to 20,000 illegals 65 and older.

there are around 20 million people in New York. So that is about $11 per person to potentially save 20,000 people. Seems reasonable to me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 12th, 2022 at 8:49:07 AM permalink
terapined
While Americans increasingly struggle to pay taxes, buy food, buy medical insurance.

Aren't people using Obama care to save money
I absolutely love it
After retiring
Stayed with my same employee policy but it cost me 700 a month. It was a really good policy thru American Express by Aetna
I looked into the health insurance marketplace and found some incredible bargains
I now pay 280 a month for a quality policy
I could even go cheaper but wanted a policy where I can see Dr's outside the network since I'm full time traveling
Thank goodness McCain crushed Trumps hopes for ending Obamacare with no replacement.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 12th, 2022 at 8:59:37 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Aren't people using Obama care to save money
I absolutely love it
After retiring
Stayed with my same employee policy but it cost me 700 a month. It was a really good policy thru American Express by Aetna
I looked into the health insurance marketplace and found some incredible bargains
I now pay 280 a month for a quality policy
I could even go cheaper but wanted a policy where I can see Dr's outside the network since I'm full time traveling
Thank goodness McCain crushed Trumps hopes for ending Obamacare with no replacement.

That is awesome to have good health insurance for $280 a month. When I was unemployed I was paying close to $900 a month.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 13th, 2022 at 1:34:52 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
That is awesome to have good health insurance for $280 a month. When I was unemployed I was paying close to $900 a month.

You can pay less if you accept a higher deductible.

Poorly planned Obamacare is nothing more than an expansion of Medicaid. For anyone not getting the government subsidy, premiums and deductibles more than doubled since 2011. Outpacing wage increases.

Obama claimed the ACA would reduce premiums an average $2,500, and reduce government costs. Instead, premiums more than doubled and national health care spending increased by more than $1 trillion.

Trump made a few reforms that slowed the rate of increase, such as increasing coverage options, limiting a persons ability to wait until they were sick to purchase insurance.
April 13th, 2022 at 4:07:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Trump made a few reforms that slowed the rate of increase, such as increasing coverage options

That’s a very generous way of saying “flooding the market with cheap junk plans that don’t cover anything you need when you actually get sick.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2022 at 4:30:21 AM permalink
terapined

Trump made a few reforms that slowed the rate of increase, such as increasing coverage options, limiting a persons ability to wait until they were sick to purchase insurance.

Give me a break
Trump didn't do Jack regarding health care
He lost the vote due to McCain and never tried again
April 13th, 2022 at 8:24:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
This is the Democrat Party in New York State. Cathy Hochul succeeds wildly corrupt Andrew Cuomo, and she appoints a Lieutenant Governor.... he just resigned after being arrested for bribery and other such charges. Cuomo succeeded Paterson, also convicted of perjury and similar offenses. He succeeded Spitzer who left in shame as well. You have to go all the way back to Mario Cuomo to find a Democrat Governor not involved in one crime or another! Cathy Hochul's husband is involved in a company which will profit big time from the new Bill's stadium. Just a coincidence that that this stadium has gotten the most public (your state tax dollars) funding of any of the new stadiums. Yet I am sure she will easily get re-elected, and maybe she will have a non criminal as her running mate. I just wont hold my breath.
April 13th, 2022 at 12:29:14 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
This is the Democrat Party in New York State. Cathy Hochul succeeds wildly corrupt Andrew Cuomo, and she appoints a Lieutenant Governor.... he just resigned after being arrested for bribery and other such charges. Cuomo succeeded Paterson, also convicted of perjury and similar offenses. He succeeded Spitzer who left in shame as well. You have to go all the way back to Mario Cuomo to find a Democrat Governor not involved in one crime or another! Cathy Hochul's husband is involved in a company which will profit big time from the new Bill's stadium. Just a coincidence that that this stadium has gotten the most public (your state tax dollars) funding of any of the new stadiums. Yet I am sure she will easily get re-elected, and maybe she will have a non criminal as her running mate. I just wont hold my breath.

On the flip side
The SD Attorney General killed a man
31 Republicans voted against impeachment
31 Republicans in the SD house think it's Allright that the Attorney General killed a man
You can't make this up
They barely impeached him
The victim is a Dem so there is that