In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 13th, 2022 at 12:34:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
"Killed a man" implies intent and scienter: not here, not in this guy's case.

"Mr. Ravnsborg, a Republican in his first term in office, called 911 in September 2020 to report that he had hit something, possibly a deer, with his car while traveling at night on a rural highway. The next day, when Mr. Ravnsborg and others surveyed the scene of the collision, they saw that the car had struck Joe Boever, 55, who had been walking along the side of the highway near Highmore, S.D."

The victim "struggled with alcoholism, been diagnosed as bipolar and battled depression." and was likely hammered and weaving as he walked.

Not a grave offense worthy of impeachment.
April 13th, 2022 at 12:40:57 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee
"Killed a man" implies intent and scienter: not here, not in this guy's case.

"Mr. Ravnsborg, a Republican in his first term in office, called 911 in September 2020 to report that he had hit something, possibly a deer, with his car while traveling at night on a rural highway. The next day, when Mr. Ravnsborg and others surveyed the scene of the collision, they saw that the car had struck Joe Boever, 55, who had been walking along the side of the highway near Highmore, S.D."

The victim "struggled with alcoholism, been diagnosed as bipolar and battled depression." and was likely hammered and weaving as he walked.

Not a grave offense worthy of impeachment.

You’re missing the key detail that the victim’s glasses were FOUND IN HIS CAR.

He WAS impeached. terapined’s point was just that 31 Republicans voted no.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 13th, 2022 at 12:45:28 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Was it Dwayne Haskins?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 13th, 2022 at 12:59:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: ams288
You’re missing the key detail that the victim’s glasses were FOUND IN HIS CAR.

Hmmm ... (googles)

"investigators say that they found Boever's broken glasses in Ravnsborg's car and that the victim's face had come through the attorney general's windshield."

Ah, but then ...

"He was on his way home from a GOP fundraiser at Rooster’s Bar and Grill, where attendees were offered the chance to win a handgun engraved with then-President Trump’s name"

Teflon, get out of jail free card...at least in conservative SD.
April 14th, 2022 at 5:15:14 AM permalink
ams288
Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for the lowball price of $41 billion.

Funding not yet secured:

To pre-empt EB’s nonsense: no libbies are freaking out over this.
April 14th, 2022 at 6:01:34 AM permalink
ams288
Colleagues worry Dianne Feinstein is now mentally unfit to serve, citing recent interactions

Quote:
Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California.

She should have retired ages ago… she hasn’t represented California well for years now.
April 14th, 2022 at 2:20:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The mainstream lib media is already killing the subway maniac story. Black National bigot racist goes on a rampage in the subway with an automatic weapon, nothing to see here. We all know it's impossible for a black person to be a racist. His Twitter account it's full of years of rants about his hatred of white people and he was never censored. Yet if you use the wrong gender term on Twitter you get blocked. No wonder Elon Musk is trying to buy Twitter. I do not think he will succeed but at least he tried.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 14th, 2022 at 2:28:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
He has every right to hate white people; I would if I were black.
April 14th, 2022 at 6:21:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
He has every right to hate white people; I would if I were black.

No doubt some Black people hate White people
That's just common sense
A lot of hate out there among all races against all races
That's just the way it is
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 14th, 2022 at 6:55:57 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
No wonder Elon Musk is trying to buy Twitter. I do not think he will succeed but at least he tried.

He will not succeed.

But the righties will always have Donny’s new social media app that even Donny is too embarrassed to use!