In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 25th, 2022 at 3:03:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JCW09
Lock 'n Load America, you never know when you will be your own first responder.
Once these A$$holes start getting "filled in" upon arrival, they'll stop coming.
Until then, soft targets will continue to be the scenes of tragedy.
Churches, Schools, Walmarts, etc. At some point this country will start taking security seriously.
SCOTUS is about to rule in NY Rifle & Pistol case striking down restrictions on concealed carry.
Duncan v. Becerra is next year and will strike down magazine capacity bans.
You aren't getting rid of 2A, so you best start figuring out how to handle a firearm.
Or don't, it's up to you.

Gotta keep reminding. You are living in a collapsing society. Shootings are just another symptom.

Still, your chances of being shot are extremely low as long as you do not engage in criminal activity, especially organized criminal activity. Mostly that means keep out of the drug trade.
The President is a fink.
May 25th, 2022 at 6:15:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 192
Quote: AZDuffman
Awful idea. Would you say the same to get an abortion? What about for any other transaction?

Only where you need a background check.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2022 at 6:20:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rxwine
Only where you need a background check.

And since apparently it is perfectly legal to get a background check for a gun, there's nothing wrong with actual references in a background check.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2022 at 8:05:01 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
It's probably violating some right, but being able to put some "do not sell to" stay order on kids and adults who have discipline problems, exhibiting bizarre behavior, are in repeated aggravated conflict with others, unwarranted aggressive behavior towards others or even sullen and withdrawn.

Those aren't crimes, but most of these people exhibit some sort of these behaviors prior to extreme violence. It has to be treated differently than a criminal record though, if there are no crimes.

The problem with all the rules based on the above is always who defines who a nutcase is. Most of us on this board can likely agree after the fact that a mass killer is a nut case. Defining the nut cases before things happen is much more problematic. Even the after the fact is not fool proof. For many people in the world the 9/11 pilots are heroes. There is significant support for Black violent demonstrations as a form of protest. We have extreme environmentalist that promote violence as justifiable. Some on this board have made posts about the end justifying the means including violence.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 25th, 2022 at 8:35:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
The problem with all the rules based on the above is always who defines who a nutcase is. Most of us on this board can likely agree after the fact that a mass killer is a nut case. Defining the nut cases before things happen is much more problematic. Even the after the fact is not fool proof. For many people in the world the 9/11 pilots are heroes. There is significant support for Black violent demonstrations as a form of protest. We have extreme environmentalist that promote violence as justifiable. Some on this board have made posts about the end justifying the means including violence.

Yeah, I realize that. I do prefer references as a requirement particularly for first time gun buyer background check.

That shooter bought two guns legally in Texas on his birthday when he turned 18.

yet,

Texas law
Quote:
Effective Sept. 1, 2019, the 86th Legislature passed Senate Bill 21, which increased the legal age for a person from 18 to 21 for the sale, distribution, possession, purchase, consumption or receipt of cigarettes, e-cigarettes or tobacco product
May 25th, 2022 at 10:53:09 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Beto the Putz decided to interrupt the Governor’s press conference.

What an idiot looking for attention.

If you have something to say, call your own news conference.

There will be a time for politics soon enough…
May 25th, 2022 at 10:59:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Beto the Putz decided to interrupt the Governor’s press conference.

What an idiot looking for attention.

If you have something to say, call your own news conference.

There will be a time for politics soon enough…

lol

Keep voting for that GOP asshat. What you gain in “freedom” you lose to a malfunctioning power grid and the blood of innocent children.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2022 at 11:08:34 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
lol

Keep voting for that GOP asshat. What you gain in “freedom” you lose to a malfunctioning power grid and the blood of innocent children.

Proving ignorance on your part regarding how to handle things.

Don’t interrupt a press conference. Get out, draw an audience, make your point and work to change politics.

Theatrics, not substance.

He’s a putz.
May 25th, 2022 at 11:13:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Proving ignorance on your part regarding how to handle things.

Don’t interrupt a press conference. Get out, draw an audience, make your point and work to change politics.

Theatrics, not substance.

He’s a putz.

Interrupting a press conference is fine. Peaceful protest.

To me the putz is the one who said “it could have been worse,” after 19 children in his state were murdered.

But hey, that’s just me! I don’t have blood on my hands.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 25th, 2022 at 11:18:56 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Interrupting a press conference is fine. Peaceful protest.

To me the putz is the one who said “it could have been worse,” after 19 children in his state were murdered.

But hey, that’s just me! I don’t have blood on my hands.

Sure, it is fine. He can do it. It just shows that he does not have the temperament to be Governor.

Yes, it could have been worse. Brave cops, that some asswipes hate just for being cops, shot the stupid ass who committed the crime.

Again, Beto could call his own press conference and do things the right way: he could prove himself a real serious candidate.

I don’t like everything any politician does; there are things that need to change.