In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 31st, 2022 at 5:29:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oops, may have posted too soon:

Quote:
Despite reports, @TxDPS says Uvalde Police and the school district are "still cooperating" with their investigation, HOWEVER it's been days since they've heard from the chief of police for the school district, per @KilloughCNN.

Maybe the chief of police will do the honorable thing and swallow a bullet.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 1st, 2022 at 4:42:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Is Tucker racist or what
BTS is against Asian hate
Therefore
Racist Tucker hates BTS
The ARMY is not happy
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/tucker-carlson-attacks-bts-speaking-out-about-hate-crimes-targeting-asian-americans
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 1st, 2022 at 6:59:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Is Tucker racist or what
BTS is against Asian hate
Therefore
Racist Tucker hates BTS
The ARMY is not happy
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/tucker-carlson-attacks-bts-speaking-out-about-hate-crimes-targeting-asian-americans

I don't see that quote as attacking BTS. I see his quote as attacking Biden for thinking inviting a band to the white house makes a hoot of difference.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 1st, 2022 at 7:25:40 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
I don't see that quote as attacking BTS. I see his quote as attacking Biden for thinking inviting a band to the white house makes a hoot of difference.

The ARMY disagrees

Tucker Carlson Invites Wrath of ARMY After Insulting BTS White House Visit
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/tucker-carlson-bts-white-house-visit-1361200/

Only a racists are against Asians visiting the WH to discuss Asian hate in this country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 1st, 2022 at 7:55:38 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
The ARMY disagrees

Tucker Carlson Invites Wrath of ARMY After Insulting BTS White House Visit
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/tucker-carlson-bts-white-house-visit-1361200/

Only a racists are against Asians visiting the WH to discuss Asian hate in this country

And what would BTS know about Asian hate in their insulated fake world. I would trust your insight much more travelling the country by yourself.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 1st, 2022 at 8:37:38 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Oops, may have posted too soon:

Maybe the chief of police will do the honorable thing and swallow a bullet.

My understanding is the police chief that you reference (which is the school district police department chief, over only 5 people, apparantly the school district only had a very small department), was elected to City Council and was swore in the other day so he no longer has that job (School Police Chief).
June 1st, 2022 at 10:33:56 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
This former Fed Chair and current worst ever Secretary of the Treasury is a PhD in Economics, who admits she was wrong about the path inflation would take in 2021, when she said it would be a ‘small risk’.

She also admits “There have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that at the time I didn’t fully understand.”

She’s a freaking PhD and she didn't fully understand the impact of supply bottlenecks. That's called 'Eco 101'.

At least she admits she sucks at her job.
June 1st, 2022 at 11:15:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tanko
This former Fed Chair and current worst ever Secretary of the Treasury is a PhD in Economics, who admits she was wrong about the path inflation would take in 2021, when she said it would be a ‘small risk’.

She also admits “There have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that at the time I didn’t fully understand.”

She’s a freaking PhD and she didn't fully understand the impact of supply bottlenecks. That's called 'Eco 101'.

At least she admits she sucks at her job.

Just goes back to the "bucket of common sense" thing. You are born with a bucket of common sense, not filled to the top. Some education fills the bucket, but at some point the "education" spills out the common sense.
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2022 at 1:10:05 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Depp vs. Heard

The jury spoke.

The jury ain't "woke."

WGAS?
June 1st, 2022 at 1:22:20 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
And what would BTS know about Asian hate in their insulated fake world. I would trust your insight much more travelling the country by yourself.

Sad
If you are a wealthy Asian you experience no hate
Sarcasm
My Mom, living in an upscale middle class community heard hate. "Go back to your country"
BTS actually deal with real issues and that's why they resonate so strongly with the ARMY.
Stuff like depression and self worth
Believe it or not, rich people do struggle with depression and self worth. Robin Williams for example. Do you think Anthony Bourdain lived in a fake insulated world?