In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 7th, 2022 at 6:06:01 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Bizarro World Justice

"Bodega worker in Rikers on murder charge after stabbing attacker in self-defense"
July 7th, 2022 at 6:59:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
Bizarro World Justice

"Bodega worker in Rikers on murder charge after stabbing attacker in self-defense"

Sounds like an expensive lawsuit against the city.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2022 at 7:19:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Bizarro World Justice

Don't ALL the violent prisoners claim self defense
Even the Jan 6 rioters that attacked the police are claiming self defense.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 7th, 2022 at 10:18:40 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Bizarro World Justice

Dear Lord (or lord, your preference)…do you ever think before you type these idiotic posts? I sometimes think you are trolling the whole board with this type of post in an attempt to get a reaction out of us. It worked, but mostly I just laugh at your silly posts.

Go out to your beloved news sites and watch the video. Then come back and make a sensible comment about the situation. Perhaps you will think it is self defense; maybe you won’t.

I think this is self defense and the gentleman will end up with the charges dropped.

Your comments, even when I disagreed with you, used to intelligent and made an argument for your side of an issue.

Not so much of late.
July 7th, 2022 at 10:28:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Quote: terapined
Bizarro World Justice

Dear Lord (or lord, your preference)…do you ever think before you type these idiotic posts? I sometimes think you are trolling the whole board with this type of post in an attempt to get a reaction out of us. It worked, but mostly I just laugh at your silly posts.

Go out to your beloved news sites and watch the video. Then come back and make a sensible comment about the situation. Perhaps you will think it is self defense; maybe you won’t.

I think this is self defense and the gentleman will end up with the charges dropped.

Your comments, even when I disagreed with you, used to intelligent and made an argument for your side of an issue.

Not so much of late.

The video I looked at didn't tell me what I wanted to know. The guy didn't stab the girl holding the gun, but the guy asking for an apology.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 7th, 2022 at 10:50:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/nyc-bodega-worker-jose-alba-charged-in-fatal-stabbing-feared-for-his-life-family-says/amp/

I think he was being assaulted. How was he to know that the assault was not going to turn out to be something worse for him? They guy invaded his work area, where he should have been safe theoretically…
July 7th, 2022 at 11:02:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/nyc-bodega-worker-jose-alba-charged-in-fatal-stabbing-feared-for-his-life-family-says/amp/

I think he was being assaulted. How was he to know that the assault rifle as not going to turn out to be something worse for him? They guy invaded his work area, where he should have been safe theoretically…

Yeah, I see. Sometimes self-defense charges are tricky. Like there was one in Florida not too long ago, where a guy at a 7-11 confronted a lady about parking in a handicap spot. Her boyfriend came out saw what was happening and definitely assaulted the guy for yapping at his girlfriend. The guy was pushed to the ground. He pulled his gun and shot the guy who assaulted him. But the jury determined that the assaulter was moving away from him, not towards him, so he got convicted instead of the original assaulter.
July 7th, 2022 at 11:10:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, I see. Sometimes self-defense charges are tricky. Like there was one in Florida not too long ago, where a guy at a 7-11 confronted a lady about parking in a handicap spot. Her boyfriend came out saw what was happening and definitely assaulted the guy for yapping at his girlfriend. The guy was pushed to the ground. He pulled his gun and shot the guy who assaulted him. But the jury determined that the assaulter was moving away from him, not towards him, so he got convicted instead of the original assaulter.

I’m trying to think of something that would cause me to start a verbal confrontation in public with a perfect stranger, and I am coming up blank. Certainly not someone parking in a handicap spot. Maybe if they were like abusing their kid/pet/old person?

It’s 2022. Mind your own business and keep to yourself if you don’t want to get shot.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 7th, 2022 at 12:05:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
I’m trying to think of something that would cause me to start a verbal confrontation in public with a perfect stranger, and I am coming up blank. Certainly not someone parking in a handicap spot. Maybe if they were like abusing their kid/pet/old person?

It’s 2022. Mind your own business and keep to yourself if you don’t want to get shot.
I will say it is irritating AF if someone is using the handicap parking for Instacart pickups, running a business using the quick blue parking spots, when handicapped to the nads and can't find a close spot at 110 degrees.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 7th, 2022 at 2:00:58 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
I will say it is irritating AF if someone is using the handicap parking for Instacart pickups, running a business using the quick blue parking spots, when handicapped to the nads and can't find a close spot at 110 degrees.

My brother in law was handicapped and he would call the police or tow truck every time he saw a car parked there without a placard. I probably saw him do it 50 times.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.