In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 19th, 2022 at 4:38:12 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

NYC is currently providing mandatory shelter for no less than 17,000 Biden illegals. They've run out of hotel rooms and Norwegian Cruise Lines nixed the idea of housing them on their luxury liners. Now, they're building tent cities, on soccer fields.

Expecting to see more of these popping up in parks all over the city.

Texas has another four million waiting.

'Inside NYC’s migrant tent city: 3 meals, fluff-and-fold laundry, TV and even Xbox'
October 19th, 2022 at 4:46:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

NYC is currently providing mandatory shelter for no less than 17,000 Biden illegals. They've run out of hotel rooms and Norwegian Cruise Lines nixed the idea of housing them on their luxury liners. Now, they're building tent cities, on soccer fields.

'Inside NYC’s migrant tent city: 3 meals, fluff-and-fold laundry, TV and even Xbox'

Cool
We need all the people we can get to rebuild southwest Florida and to serve me in restaurants.
I have no doubt most are hard working people that will eventually become an asset to our country.
Welcome to America
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2022 at 5:00:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
NYC is currently providing mandatory shelter for no less than 17,000 Biden illegals.

Biden has been a busy man!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2022 at 5:20:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

Cool
We need all the people we can get to rebuild southwest Florida and to serve me in restaurants.
I have no doubt most are hard working people that will eventually become an asset to our country.
Welcome to America

I hope you are right! Pre COVID I’d go to NYC every December and stay at the ROW hotel. In the news it’s being billed as a luxury hotel but it is not. Just a plain nice hotel that was $$$ less per night than the conference hotel, the Marriott Marquis. It’s now a temporary shelter! Probably $300-$400 a night. NYC tax dollars going bye bye!
October 20th, 2022 at 5:45:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

The lettuce outlasted Liz Truss.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2022 at 6:13:38 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO

Cool
Welcome to America

I hope you are right! Pre COVID I’d go to NYC every December and stay at the ROW hotel. In the news it’s being billed as a luxury hotel but it is not. Just a plain nice hotel that was $$$ less per night than the conference hotel, the Marriott Marquis. It’s now a temporary shelter! Probably $300-$400 a night. NYC tax dollars going bye bye!

If republican Governors were not a$$holes, this wouldn't be happening.
It is a waste of money due to the actions of republican Governors.
Put blame where it belongs.
You are OK with a$$holes (Walker) in govt
This is what happens when a$$holes don't want to govern and instead cost taxpayers money because political stunts are more important then governing your state.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2022 at 6:26:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This story is from 2021, so may not be accurate.

Quote:
Cellphone service is cheaper, but bills haven’t dropped.

States used to get hundreds of millions of dollars by taxing landlines, but with people increasingly ditching home phones in favor of cellphones, states have tried to close the gap by levying massive taxes on the voice and text portions of cellular plans, which are not covered under the Tax Freedom Act.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/why-you-may-be-paying-hundreds-of-dollars-for-your-cellphone-bill.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2022 at 6:29:15 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0

Cool
Welcome to America

This is what happens when a$$holes don't want to govern and instead cost taxpayers money because political stunts are more important then governing your state.

Might be a waste of money, also just a simple demonstration that they’re being kneecapped of their ability to govern their state on a specific issue by the current federal administration .
October 20th, 2022 at 6:56:20 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rquiredusername

Cool
Welcome to America

Might be a waste of money, also just a simple demonstration that they’re being kneecapped of their ability to govern their state on a specific issue by the current federal administration .

Past Governors dealt with the problem
Only the level of hatred has changed
October 20th, 2022 at 6:56:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rquiredusername

Cool
Welcome to America

You have to realize liberals love illegal aliens until they have to deal with the negatives. Let them storm the border......but do not dare send them to the blue states! Same as they loved busing in the 70s, but not for their kids. They are hypocrites.
The President is a fink.