In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 7th, 2022 at 9:13:10 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Did you end up driving your dogs to Florida, or did you put them on an airline?

Drove them, 36 hours. They were actually much better than I expected and I would not hesitate to do it again. The longest car ride they had before that was about 10 minutes to the vet.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 7th, 2022 at 11:34:00 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: DRich
Most are used for cargo now. I don't think any U.S. airline still flies passengers on them.

No U.S. airlines but Lufthansa has made a major commitment to the 747 and plans to fly them on several U. S. routes for some time.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
December 7th, 2022 at 1:43:58 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: JimRockford
No U.S. airlines but Lufthansa has made a major commitment to the 747 and plans to fly them on several U. S. routes for some time.

My understanding is that they can be had for very cheap now which can offset the fuel costs. That is how Allegiant airlines started with their MD-90's. They were getting them for between $2 million and $5 million so they didn't care if they burned 30% more fuel than a new $90 million plane.
December 7th, 2022 at 1:53:07 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The PRESENT DAY, fully Democrat controlled, Nancy Pelosi led House of Representatives has launched an ethics investigation against….

A. O. C!

It must be BAD!

My wife and I want to make a deal. We each get to replace a few members of the House. She picked MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Cawthorn. (Cawthorn is gone anyway).
I picked the squad. How much better would the house be if those troublemakers were out of power?
December 7th, 2022 at 4:13:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
The PRESENT DAY, fully Democrat controlled, Nancy Pelosi led House of Representatives has launched an ethics investigation against….

A. O. C!

It must be BAD!

Or you must not understand how the nonpartisan house ethics committee functions.

Nancy Pelosi has nothing to do with it.

(PS - check the AOC follies thread - seems like every couple years the righties get all excited about an ethics complaint against her, until nothing comes of it and we never hear anything about it again)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2022 at 4:30:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO

A. O. C!

It must be BAD!

My wife and I want to make a deal. We each get to replace a few members of the House. She picked MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Cawthorn. (Cawthorn is gone anyway).
I picked the squad. How much better would the house be if those troublemakers were out of power?

"Must be bad" ????????????????
Are you kidding me.
No interest in the facts of this case?
Of course. Without looking at the case, you have already determined this is bad
I on the other hand looked at this case by the simplest of searches.
Its much ado about nothing
She got free Met Gala tix.
Met Gala has been giving free tix to famous NY politicians forever
In fact there is a political scandal regarding free Met Gala tix right now but it does not involve AOC
A high ranking NYC politician who always gets a freebie was recently left off the list.
She contacted them to try get a tix and thats a nono.
Politicians can go for free if given tix but cant solicit tix
Of course Anna Wintour is gonna invite the most famous politician in NYC.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/rep-carolyn-maloney-under-investigation-for-soliciting-free-met-gala-tickets/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 7th, 2022 at 10:16:13 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
The guy who wants to us to participate in a WWIII and is bilking the world for hundreds? of billions of dollars is TIME’s person on the year….you can’t make this crap up.
December 8th, 2022 at 4:24:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rquiredusername
The guy who wants to us to participate in a WWIII and is bilking the world for hundreds? of billions of dollars is TIME’s person on the year….you can’t make this crap up.

Hitler made Man of the Year once. MOTY is about having an impact, not a "positive" one just the greatest.
The President is a fink.
December 8th, 2022 at 4:46:54 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: rquiredusername

I want us to be involved in WWIII. Can I be Time man of the year?
December 8th, 2022 at 5:22:51 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — US officials: Russia frees WNBA star Brittney Griner in prisoner swap, with US releasing Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman