In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 12th, 2022 at 4:17:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
SBF arrested
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 12th, 2022 at 6:26:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Google Sam Brinton! A ‘non binary’ bizarro appointed by Biden to some ‘high level nuclear’ position! Arrest warrant issued. Apparently he/she/they is a serial luggage stealer from airports! You appoint a clearly troubled person to such an important position and you get …. Trouble!
‘Woke’ at its finest!

This is a very bigoted post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 12th, 2022 at 10:01:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
This is a very bigoted post.

How so?

Everything he said is objectively true.

December 13th, 2022 at 5:30:15 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
if it was a case of "best person for the job" ... even then I would fault the administration unless it was " no one else comes close to qualifying like this person"

I don't believe it was even the former necessarily for Brinton ... I picture him being put ahead of others just as qualified in order to "signal virtue"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 13th, 2022 at 5:32:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
if you have an important job like that, how do you even have time to ponder stealing luggage?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 13th, 2022 at 6:36:10 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
American households increased their net worth by $13.5 trillion in 2020. In only the first nine months of this year, they gave it all back.
December 13th, 2022 at 6:42:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
American households increased their net worth by $13.5 trillion in 2020. In only the first nine months of this year, they gave it all back.

hmm
Going to the UK for US news????????????????
why?

Ukraine war sucks. I blame Putin
On the flip side stocks zooming today
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2022 at 11:36:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee
How so?

Implying that Biden should have known they are a “clearly troubled person” before the stealing came to light simply because they are trans is like a textbook example of a bigoted post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 13th, 2022 at 12:57:08 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
"As of December 13, 2022, ChatGPT, the new language processing AI from OpenAI, is making waves in the tech industry. The advanced model, which is trained to generate human-like text, is already being hailed as a game-changer for businesses that rely on natural language processing.

ChatGPT’s ability to understand and respond to a wide range of topics has been particularly impressive, with some even suggesting that it has the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with technology. Many experts believe that ChatGPT’s advanced capabilities will be a valuable asset for companies in fields such as customer service, online education, and market research.

One of the key advantages of ChatGPT is its ability to learn and adapt quickly to new information. This means that it can be trained to handle new topics and tasks without the need for extensive retraining. Additionally, ChatGPT is highly scalable, which makes it well-suited for use in large-scale applications.
So far, the response to ChatGPT has been overwhelmingly positive, with many praising its advanced capabilities and ease of use. It remains to be seen how ChatGPT will be used in the coming years, but it’s clear that it has the potential to be a major player in the world of natural language processing."

Pretty impressive when you realize this was written by a chatbot in response to “Write me a news story about ChatGPT in the style of CNBC.”
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 13th, 2022 at 1:59:42 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Quote: missedhervee
How so?

Implying that Biden should have known they are a “clearly troubled person” before the stealing came to light simply because they are trans is like a textbook example of a bigoted post.

Non binary, don’t be ignorant.