In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 8th, 2022 at 11:07:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Thank you Clarence Thomas, you corrupt sack of sh**.

Your disgraceful Dobbs concurrence saying the SCOTUS’s gay marriage decision should be re-examined is what led to today’s passage of the bill.

Never ever would have come up for discussion this year had it not been for that. What a stupid move on his part.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 8th, 2022 at 11:24:26 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine

Since I believe in consenting adults and understanding what is going on, you can’t marry a sheep unless you can prove the sheep both consents and understands the concept of marriage.

I would argue that many consenting adults do not understand the concept of marriage.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 8th, 2022 at 11:25:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Thank you Clarence Thomas, you corrupt sack of sh**.

Your disgraceful Dobbs concurrence saying the SCOTUS’s gay marriage decision should be re-examined is what led to today’s passage of the bill.

Never ever would have come up for discussion this year had it not been for that. What a stupid move on his part.

I would argue that it is good to have people that dissent and allow the majority to rule.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 8th, 2022 at 11:37:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
I can't see why? They're all adults making decisions that don't involve dangerous activities to others. The public doesn't have to send in a rescue team to get people out of a jam, like doing dangerous activities that you know you wouldn't be able to afford rescue operation. Not requiring everyone to have health insurance. Republicans love that kind of freedom.

I guess Republicans mixing bills are filthy also, since they do it as well.

Correct.

I think they just passed a gay marriage bill on its own, which is great. Now you can clearly see which representatives are SPECIFICALLY against gay marriage rights, and if that’s important to you, you can vote them out. Or vote them in if you agree with them.

It’s probably one of the dirtiest things we allow our politicians to do. Like if there is a ‘coastal erosion’ bill, including a ‘corn transportation’ study in it to get a yea vote from the Iowa delegation.
December 8th, 2022 at 11:48:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Correct.

I think they just passed a gay marriage bill on its own, which is great. Now you can clearly see which representatives are SPECIFICALLY against gay marriage rights, and if that’s important to you, you can vote them out. Or vote them in if you agree with them.

It’s probably one of the dirtiest things we allow our politicians to do. Like if there is a ‘coastal erosion’ bill, including a ‘corn transportation’ study in it to get a yea vote from the Iowa delegation.

I do think it would be great if politicians had to vote up or down on each item in a bill not the whole thing. Sounds like line-item veto to me. But give it too Congress not just the President like Reagan wanted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 8th, 2022 at 11:51:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I would argue that many consenting adults do not understand the concept of marriage.

I don't believe anyone's god is going to grant such a miracle,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2022 at 4:26:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
Because of religion, that’s why. You can disparage that viewpoint but you already know that’s why.

I think a lot of it is due it being a Dem bill and hate for anything Dems support
House Republicans son has a gay marriage
House Republican goes to the wedding
He even speaks at the wedding about love
Then he votes against the bill
WHY
https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-republican-attended-gay-sons-180506384.html
"We love it when they find their one true love, especially when they become a part of our families then," he said in his speech. "So this has been a really good experience ... to have a new son enter the family!"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 12th, 2022 at 11:11:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Google Sam Brinton! A ‘non binary’ bizarro appointed by Biden to some ‘high level nuclear’ position! Arrest warrant issued. Apparently he/she/they is a serial luggage stealer from airports! You appoint a clearly troubled person to such an important position and you get …. Trouble!
‘Woke’ at its finest!
December 12th, 2022 at 11:22:00 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
December 12th, 2022 at 1:26:01 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Google Sam Brinton! A ‘non binary’ bizarro appointed by Biden to some ‘high level nuclear’ position! Arrest warrant issued. Apparently he/she/they is a serial luggage stealer from airports! You appoint a clearly troubled person to such an important position and you get …. Trouble!
‘Woke’ at its finest!

What does woke have to do with anything
If a non binary can do the job, give it the job
If they steal luggage
Fire it and prosecute
Problem solved
This has absolutely nothing to do with woke.
This is a criminal
Criminals come in ALL shades
White, Black, gay, transgender, nonbinary ect
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"