In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 8th, 2022 at 6:31:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
The guy who wants to us to participate in a WWIII and is bilking the world for hundreds? of billions of dollars is TIME’s person on the year….you can’t make this crap up.

I like him
Has my total support
Freedom fighter :-)
Thank goodness Time did not pick Putin
Zelensky is an excellent pick
Time does not pick due to greatness, they pick the person influencing events of the year
I remember when Iran's Supreme leader Khomeini was declared person of the year.. Iran revolution was huge news
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 8th, 2022 at 7:18:26 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined

Time does not pick due to greatness, they pick the person influencing events of the year

Oh, I see. Maybe Kanye West and Alex Jones were the other nominees then.
December 8th, 2022 at 8:00:18 AM permalink
terapined
Oh, I see. Maybe Kanye West and Alex Jones were the other nominees then.

????????????
Kanye and Jones are just minor a**holes
I dont think either was considered
Putin and Xi were definitely considered
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 8th, 2022 at 8:59:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Only Republicans voted against interracial marriage being recognized in all states. 169 of them. All Democrats voted for it.

Just having some fun.

I'm sure most of them were voting 'cause they just hate gay marriage rights which was the other part of it. Except for those who are also racists.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 8th, 2022 at 9:23:54 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Only Republicans voted against interracial marriage being recognized in all states. 169 of them. All Democrats voted for it.

Just having some fun.

I'm sure most of them were voting 'cause they just hate gay marriage rights which was the other part of it. Except for those who are also racists.

You KNOW if the Democrats ACTUALLY cared about a bill guaranteeing the legality of interracial marriages, they would have written a bill guaranteeing the legality of interracial marriage! It would have passed EASILY.

The Democrats tied it to also legalizing gay marriage. To me, they are totally distinct concepts, which should be decided separately. I can see someone being for interracial marriage, but against gay marriage. Think Mitch McConnell.

Another simple example of why Democrat party rule is just filthy.
December 8th, 2022 at 9:34:20 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
You KNOW if the Democrats ACTUALLY cared about a bill guaranteeing the legality of interracial marriages, they would have written a bill guaranteeing the legality of interracial marriage! It would have passed EASILY.

I'm actually not so sure about that
Of it was co sponsored by a Republican, probably
If it was a Dem bill, maybe not
There are some Republicans that won't vote for a Dem bill because it's a Dem bill
That's how we get govt Shutdowns
December 8th, 2022 at 9:38:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO

The Democrats tied it to also legalizing gay marriage. To me, they are totally distinct concepts, which should be decided separately. I can see someone being for interracial marriage, but against gay marriage. Think Mitch McConnell.

Another simple example of why Democrat party rule is just filthy.

I can't see why? They're all adults making decisions that don't involve dangerous activities to others. The public doesn't have to send in a rescue team to get people out of a jam, like doing dangerous activities that you know you wouldn't be able to afford rescue operation. Not requiring everyone to have health insurance. Republicans love that kind of freedom.

I guess Republicans mixing bills are filthy also, since they do it as well.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 8th, 2022 at 10:25:34 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
I can't see why? They're all adults making decisions that don't involve dangerous activities to others. The public doesn't have to send in a rescue team to get people out of a jam, like doing dangerous activities that you know you wouldn't be able to afford rescue operation. Not requiring everyone to have health insurance. Republicans love that kind of freedom.

I guess Republicans mixing bills are filthy also, since they do it as well.

Because of religion, that’s why. You can disparage that viewpoint but you already know that’s why.

Many consider marriage to be more of a spiritual/religious union than a courthouse recording, and there’s nothing in scriptures that would indicate interracial relationships are sinful. Homosexuality on the other hand, the Bible don’t like that.

It’s certainly an interesting intersection where religion and sexual orientation are protected classes but what they consider to be rights are explicitly opposed to the others’.
December 8th, 2022 at 10:56:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Interracial marriage has been recognized in all states for decades.

Only a total loser with a low IQ would think anyone was voting to ban interracial marriage. The kind of person who thinks better vacuum cleaners have a light so you can use it when the power goes out.
The President is a fink.
December 8th, 2022 at 11:05:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Because of religion, that’s why. You can disparage that viewpoint but you already know that’s why.

Many consider marriage to be more of a spiritual/religious union than a courthouse recording, and there’s nothing in scriptures that would indicate interracial relationships are sinful. Homosexuality on the other hand, the Bible don’t like that.

It’s certainly an interesting intersection where religion and sexual orientation are protected classes but what they consider to be rights are explicitly opposed to the others’.

And my views are often more broad minded than religion. And I couldn’t be more pleased about it. I limit my opposition to something based on not if it harms the person doing it, but how much it harms public safety in general. I’m against much of gun freedom but not assisted suicide for that reason. I’m against highly addictive drugs because people on them are more likely to be out of control stealing, and other harmful behavior.

I don’t limit freedom just because something makes me upset or mentally causes me anguish. Unless it’s in a manner like held against my will and forced to endure mental abuse.

Since I believe in consenting adults and understanding what is going on, you can’t marry a sheep unless you can prove the sheep both consents and understands the concept of marriage.

With some of those radical Mormon multiple wives marriages, though I think they aren’t the best for society, there are laws available for the problems I see at least when they catch them. They get prosecuted for underage girls. And running extra boys out of town is obnoxious, but is perhaps no worse than telling your 18 year to move out. As long as it’s not underage boys.