In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 6th, 2016 at 8:01:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
So... do trans folks carry a card or something? I mean, how else can we be sure?

The governor could station the national guard at each restroom. These armed soldiers would check the genitals of everyone trying to use the facilities, so their privacy can be protected.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 6th, 2016 at 11:48:32 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
The governor could station the national guard at each restroom. These armed soldiers would check the genitals of everyone trying to use the facilities, so their privacy can be protected.

I don't think that helps because we would only want men to check men, and women to check women. Hmm, maybe we just need hermaphrodites to do it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 6th, 2016 at 6:11:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
I don't think that helps because we would only want men to check men, and women to check women. Hmm, maybe we just need hermaphrodites to do it.

Remember when FDR stationed combat troops with sandbags and machine guns at all federal court houses and post offices, particularly those in the Mid West ... this was what? 1939? An attempt to get the nation on a war footing.
April 6th, 2016 at 6:30:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
If you really want to obsess over what a persons "junk" looks like, go to work for TSA.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 7th, 2016 at 11:49:02 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Oil shootin', hay chuckin', dive bar playin', ditch diggin', prison escapin' convict #45200, dead on his 79th birthday.

Tonight, the bottle let me down.

One of the greats, and a personal hero.

Merle Haggard.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 7th, 2016 at 3:04:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
New Mississippi tourism ad :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqASSN5S2CI
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2016 at 2:48:02 PM permalink
terapined
The fallout continues for North Carolina
Bruce Springsteen just canceled his April 10'th show in Greensboro due to the new anti-LGBT law

Bruce's statement below

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2016 at 3:00:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
The fallout continues for North Carolina
Bruce Springsteen just canceled his April 10'th show in Greensboro due to the new anti-LGBT law

Bruce's statement below :)

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

So it aopears Bruce ia the latest in a long list of people against personal freedom. Why are you so in favor of repression? Dont you believe in freedom?
The President is a fink.
April 8th, 2016 at 3:14:13 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Do you want to force Bruce to perform there, or prevent him from expressing his views?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 8th, 2016 at 3:28:42 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
So it aopears Bruce ia the latest in a long list ....

Yes the list is long
very long
the majority of the country
No I don't believe in the freedom of a business to discriminate simply due to sexual orientation

Most large businesses look on these types of laws NC recently passed as bad for business
For businesses, it not about left or right, its about what is best for business overall
Cmon AZ, get on the pro-business bandwagon regarding this issue.