In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 2nd, 2017 at 1:25:41 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Not for nuttin', but I reckon you just described at least 87% of all politicians.

More like 100%, as far as a con-artistry goes.

But when people like Bush the younger, Obama, Clinton, Carter, Reagan, and even Nixon, claimed to be the president of a country, you could believe them.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 2nd, 2017 at 1:33:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
FBI translator flew to Syria and secretly married an ISIS fighter who was under investigation.
May 2nd, 2017 at 1:52:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Huh?

In your pathological need to deflect all of Donald's immense weaknesses on Hillary, you often fail to make sense.

Nareed's post doesn't describe Hillary at all.

Well, maybe you are right about not winning the EC or sitting in the Oval Office, but the rest does.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2017 at 7:57:57 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Nareed
More like 100%, as far as a con-artistry goes.

But when people like Bush the younger, Obama, Clinton, Carter, Reagan, and even Nixon, claimed to be the president of a country, you could believe them.

It isn't just about the percentage of them who lie, that is very high.

It is about the quantity of the lies, the ratio of truth and lies, and how bad the lies are.

Go to politifact and check out the scorecards of the current and past presidents. That website labeled "...you can keep your doctor" as the lie of the year a few years back.

Trump's record for lying and the quantity of whoppers he has told is, for lack of a better word, deplorable.

Also, one more point from a previous​ post of mine - there was no way the Republicans in congress were going to pass a budget late in Obama's term. Using their logic for refusing to hold a hearing for a supreme Court nominee, that is something for the next president and Congress to decide.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
May 2nd, 2017 at 8:13:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
News item from my local tv news.

Law enforcement recruitment numbers are down across the nation.

Which is good if you are looking for a job in that area. They are more likely to overlook minor indiscretions.

I remember a friend in high school interviewed for an academy position. I think they just laughed at him. I knew he wasn't going to get in, not unless they were crazy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2017 at 2:54:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
News item from my local tv news.

Law enforcement recruitment numbers are down across the nation.

Which is good if you are looking for a job in that area. They are more likely to overlook minor indiscretions.

Maybe, but probably not. More likely they will take clean people without every requirement they need. First to go would be the insane idea that you need a CJ degree to be a cop. That is at least a de facto requirement in many places for example. Then the test score you need might drop say 98 to 95.

These parts the only time there is a shortage of cop applicants is when they have an affirmative action quota to fill. Steady supply otherwise.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2017 at 6:43:19 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
It is about the quantity of the lies, the ratio of truth and lies, and how bad the lies are.

Oh, but that goes without saying. He even requires outrageous lies from his staff.

Quote:
Go to politifact and check out the scorecards of the current and past presidents.

there's no real current president, ergo all the idiocy coming from Washington these days.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 3rd, 2017 at 10:56:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
House Republicans passed a bill Tuesday that would let employers in the private-sector give workers paid time off instead of overtime pay.

So you get more time off, and not more money.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/house-republicans-vote-to-change-the-overtime-pay-rule/ar-BBAH2SK?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2017 at 11:03:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman

More work/life balance!

This has been discussed for years, some will like it and some will not. Flexibility will as always win out in the end.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2017 at 12:01:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Many countries require mandatory vacations. Some as long as 6 to 8 weeks.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.