In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2017 at 5:13:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: AZDuffman
Planned Parenthood spent $734,000 in failed Georgia race

We can't cut funding because of "women's health" yet they have money to donate to political races. Money laundering at its finest!

Is this true? Planned Parenthood is allowed to take it's DONATIONS and FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS and give them to a political campaign? Can someone help me here?

Seems they have a PAC. Some folks claim the money is all in different silos, but reality is that is just paper. My position remains that they use the federal funds to cover G&A by saying it is about "women's health", which subsidizes their abortion business.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2017 at 9:11:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
which subsidizes their abortion business.
Well, abortion is legal and its better to have it with Planned Parenthood than these 'garbage clinics' as if its equivalent to proctology or something.

The Catholic Church and various fronts contributes far more to these anti abortion campaigns that the Planned Parenthood PAC does to its honest, open and above board activities.
June 26th, 2017 at 10:12:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Well, abortion is legal and its better to have it with Planned Parenthood than these 'garbage clinics' as if its equivalent to proctology or something.

The Catholic Church and various fronts contributes far more to these anti abortion campaigns that the Planned Parenthood PAC does to its honest, open and above board activities.

PP has a brand name, not sire if they are better or not. However, false equivalency to the Catholic Church funding. The Catholic Church is not taking government funding and even suing if said funding is cut off.

I maintain that it is a case of money laundering federal funds to a liberal, Democrat Party candidate.
The President is a fink.
June 26th, 2017 at 10:31:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Catholic Church is not taking government funding and even suing if said funding is cut off.

I'm an atheist.
Religion is ripping me off by getting a free ride on taxes.
Tired of supporting a fantasy religion with my tax dollars.
I own property, I pay a property tax
Catholic church owns property
Why should they get a free ride just because they are in the fantasy business.
Catholics need to do the right thing and pay taxes just like athiests.
No tax breaks for institutions in the make believe business
If you own property, the fair thing for everyone is to pay taxes regardless if its a home, business, social club or place to practice a make believe fantasy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 26th, 2017 at 10:39:22 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
.... However, false equivalency to the Catholic Church funding. The Catholic Church is not taking government funding...
Do you not see the similarity's between accepting government funds, and the largest corporation in the world being tax exempt? What would their tax rate be on 47 billion plus per year? [not all US funds]

Quote:
I maintain that it is a case of money laundering federal funds to a liberal, Democrat Party candidate.
The Vatican bank has been caught repeatedly washing money for the mob. Your ire seems to be where the dirty money flows, not if. http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/02/the-understold-story-the-vatican-the-mob-super-ponzi-schemes-and-more/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 26th, 2017 at 1:21:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
PP has a brand name, not sire if they are better or not. However, false equivalency to the Catholic Church funding. The Catholic Church is not taking government funding and even suing if said funding is cut off.

While I would like reform in political monies and campaigns, I can't be bothered if it's only going to be about planned parenthood.

And this is perfectly legal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 26th, 2017 at 1:38:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
Do you not see the similarity's between accepting government funds, and the largest corporation in the world being tax exempt? What would their tax rate be on 47 billion plus per year? [not all US funds]

You may not be familiar with the Wars of Reform in Mexico, coming as they did alongside the French invasion and the elevation of Maximilian as emperor of Mexico, while the several states making up the US had a bit of a disagreement between them. One thing was that president Juarez stole ("expropriated") all the lands and most of the property of the Catholic church in Mexico; and set down in stone the separation of church and state.

In a way it's a simple continuation of a trend that started with the Reformation in Germany (the Lutheran Reformation), as other countries eventually followed suit (such as France during the Revolution). But in another way it was grand theft. Not that I'm too upset about it. imagine a church with economic as well as political power. It's nightmarish. Yet it also set a precedent for the state to steal ("expropriate") anything it wanted; as it later did with the electric companies, the oil companies and even the phone companies (and still later the banks and the the moneys held in deposit).

So you want to be careful.

Churches don't enjoy a special tax exemption for religious reasons, but rather for non-profit reasons. There are plenty of other non-profit organizations that serve very useful functions in society, from Planned Parenthood to local charities. Also most major universities (Harvard has an endowment valued at $37.5 billion). And don't forget the Satanic Temple and ICANN (did you use the internet today?)

And the fact is that many churches spend considerable amounts of their tax-exempt money on worthwhile charities such as education and healthcare.

So you want to be careful, and very deliberate.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 26th, 2017 at 1:42:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And the hits just keep on coming.

Bernie and Jane Sanders Under FBI investigation for Bank Fraud

"Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife, Jane Sanders have hired prominent defense attorneys amid an FBI investigation into a loan Jane Sanders obtained to expand Burlington College while she was its president, CBS News confirms... According to Politico, prosecutors might also be looking into allegations that Sen. Sanders' office inappropriately urged the bank to approve the loan."

Poor Bernie, just another crook.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2017 at 3:05:46 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Nareed
And the fact is that many churches spend considerable amounts of their tax-exempt money on worthwhile charities such as education and healthcare.
Catholic education and Catholic healthcare.
June 26th, 2017 at 3:11:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Why should they get a free ride just because they are in the fantasy business.

No different than any other non-profit.
The President is a fink.