In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 29th, 2017 at 6:41:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
It is another example of the increasing tempo of violent "peaceful" protests in the USA.

I have to agree with AZ
:-)
Anti abortion protests at clinics are out of control

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2017-06-20/ny-attorney-general-sues-anti-abortion-protesters

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has filed a federal lawsuit against anti-abortion protesters who he claims repeatedly harass and threaten patients at an abortion clinic in Queens.

In other news, Ann Coulter going after Hannity
"Sean Hannity, bless his heart, has the zeal of the late Trump convert, He would endorse communism if Trump decided to implement the policies of 'The Communist Manifesto.'"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 29th, 2017 at 6:43:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

"Sean Hannity, bless his heart, has the zeal of the late Trump convert, He would endorse communism if Trump decided to implement the policies of 'The Communist Manifesto.'"

Has Ann turned on Donald?

She was one of his ugliest earliest supporters.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2017 at 7:14:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
Idiot runs over Ten Commandments monument in Arkansas.

I guess he posted it on Facebook Live. Thanks for helping with your conviction! I hope he gets the maximum possible sentence. A clear and concise message needs to be sent to ANYONE who destroys property thinking somehow that equals "peaceful civil disobedience."

You can be for or against this statue but anyone who thinks this wretched human being did the right thing is a total moron who really does not want to live in this country...they want something different and think violent actions are the way to get it.

My question
Why is this fantasy on public property?
This should be on private property, not public property
I don't demand a statue to fantasy anime on public property
Why should religion get to promote their fantasy on property owned by the taxpayers?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 29th, 2017 at 7:28:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

She's right, you know. except not about the "late" converts only. It applies to all of them. There are few principles at the core of the GOP that Golden Boy hasn't thrown under the bus. Not to mention how suddenly graft, corruption and malfeasance at the White House are ok for the party of law and order.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 29th, 2017 at 7:32:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
My question

A better question is why monuments of other religions are not allowed, like the one the Satanic Temple proposed.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 29th, 2017 at 7:41:09 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Fleastiff
Yeah, and sometimes they even have the nerve to call it a party, you know, like the Boston Tea Party.

There is world of difference between being in a situation where you have no viable means of changing the situation and a situation where there are a myriad of options to fight the monument.

This is a silly comparison and this kind of nonsense actual helps feed the idiots who would do stuff like this.
June 29th, 2017 at 7:43:24 AM permalink
RonC
I have to agree with AZ
:-)
Anti abortion protests at clinics are out of control

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2017-06-20/ny-attorney-general-sues-anti-abortion-protesters

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has filed a federal lawsuit against anti-abortion protesters who he claims repeatedly harass and threaten patients at an abortion clinic in Queens.

I have no issue with holding anti-abortion protesters or any other protesters to a standard of behavior that excludes violence or threats of it. if they have proof that laws have been violated (say, assault or something of that sort), prosecute them.
June 29th, 2017 at 7:45:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I'm actually with RonC on this one.

I'm an atheist, but I couldn't give two craps about a Ten Commandments statue. To attempt to destroy it is stupid.

As long as the government doesn't try to make me put one in my front yard, I couldn't care less.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2017 at 7:46:23 AM permalink
RonC
My question
This should be on private property, not public property
I don't demand a statue to fantasy anime on public property
Why should religion get to promote their fantasy on property owned by the taxpayers?

That is a valid question.

It does not justify the validity of the idiot's actions, but it is something worth looking into by opponents to see if they have an actionable case to fight the monument.

I don't think it is a fantasy, but everyone has a right to their own opinion.
June 29th, 2017 at 7:52:50 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Nareed
She's right, you know. except not about the "late" converts only. It applies to all of them. There are few principles at the core of the GOP that Golden Boy hasn't thrown under the bus.

I never consider Trump a "Conservative" and I barely considered him a "Republican", though he can chose whatever party he wants to be in. I don't think he, or any President or party, should be blindly supported. Conservatives should remain so and work towards getting their ideas moved forward and the President should not pretend to be conservative and he should try to gather support for ideas that he favors. No need for lock step...

Quote: Nareed
Not to mention how suddenly graft, corruption and malfeasance at the White House are ok for the party of law and order.

Here is where you go off the rails. There are a lot of words tossed around about laws being broken but, as yet, nothing has been brought forward for prosecution.

Liberals would be much better served to fight the ideas they don't like and not run around like rabid dogs saying the same unproven thing over and over again. Say it a few times, get an investigation started if necessary, and work on helping the country.

I'm not saying Trump is "on the rails" and I hate many of his tweets.