In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 7th, 2017 at 3:09:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
More than 5,000 out-of-state voters may have tipped New Hampshire against Trump

For those who wonder why I am so against same-day voter registrations!

But but, there was no voter fraud like Trump
said there was, you mean he might have been
right????
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 7th, 2017 at 3:20:58 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

Quote:
Over 80 percent, 5,313, who used non-N.H. driver’s licenses, had neither a state licenses nor had registered a motor vehicle.

The article doesn't say how many of them were college students who are legally allowed to vote in New Hampshire and had no intention of changing their drivers license or registering a vehicle. Doesn't say how they voted either.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 7th, 2017 at 3:54:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Babs has Droid (as do I) and we've both been unable to access via phone. I still can't and I expect she is the same. PC works, though it is quite slow.

I only had a problem with WOV for 1 day when it was attacked
Other then that partial day, WOV loading, a little slow but still loading
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2017 at 4:09:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford

The article doesn't say how many of them were college students who are legally allowed to vote in New Hampshire and had no intention of changing their drivers license or registering a vehicle. Doesn't say how they voted either.

The college student thing itself is a problem. They should be voting in their domicile, not their transient residence.

Point is there are huge problems with same-day registration that a child should be able to see. If a person misses the cutoff they simply need to be told to register in time next election and sent away.
The President is a fink.
September 7th, 2017 at 4:15:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: JimRockford

The article didn't say much. Except a note that under 200 people are being investigated for voting twice...

So how many of these "illegal" votes does the Combover Caligula need in order to prove he "won" the popular vote?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 8th, 2017 at 12:29:53 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/police-taco-bell-employees-fatally-shoot-armed-robber/ People are getting tired of being robbed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 12th, 2017 at 2:16:07 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So, Mitch McConnell doesn't want to repeal the Debt Ceiling law.

But, my question is, what is the purpose of the law?

Congress has already approved the budgets and the spending, and then later in the year the spending has hit the debt ceiling.

So, why were they allowed to approve that spending in the first place, if it was going to exceed the debt limit?

If they approved the spending that will pile a known amount onto the debt, why do they need something else later to STOP the spending that they already approved?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 12th, 2017 at 2:36:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
But, my question is, what is the purpose of the law?

World War I.

Seriously: http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/eliminating-the-debt-ceiling-an-idea-whose-time-has-come/

Other than that, it serves for brinkmanship in these hyper-partisan days.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 12th, 2017 at 4:17:35 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

If they approved the spending that will pile a known amount onto the debt, why do they need something else later to STOP the spending that they already approved?

It does not stop spending, it stops borrowing. My guess is it is supposed to be a check and balance, theoretically the Treasury Dept could borrow even if they did not have approval to spend.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2017 at 8:19:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

This was debunked like an hour after the right wing blogosphere jumped on it.

But we get it, Donald's ego is fragile. He needs you guys to keep pretending he got more votes than he did.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/12/bill-gardner-trump-voter-fraud-panel-242593
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman