In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 21st, 2017 at 10:54:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Google "how pot ruined my life" as a start.

Bad stuff, no thanks.

Somebody's life ruined doesn't come close to
Too much alcohol kills
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2017 at 11:03:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Google "how pot ruined my life" as a start.

I love how pot smokers always compare
alcohol abuse to pot abuse and how
alcohol is sooo much worse. Like ruining
your life is OK as long as you aren't using
a drug that ruins more lives than the one
you're using. It's the addict excuse and it's
hilarious.

Here's a thought, don't abuse ANY drugs.
That's how the majority of people live, ya
know. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2017 at 11:03:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Too much alcohol kills

Too much pot will kill your brain. Just as bad, if not worse.

Potheads make the same excuses alcoholics make.
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2017 at 11:06:28 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Is it even possible to "abuse" pot? Has anyone ever died from a pot overdose?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've smoked pot in my life...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 21st, 2017 at 11:13:20 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288

I don't really have a dog in this fight, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've smoked pot in my life...

I think EB went back to pot when he made up that fantasy about the tiny Uber forum that he has to keep secret from all other forum members
lol
Maybe he will take a bong hit and let us know how easy it is to catch Ebola :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2017 at 11:25:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Too much alcohol kills

Come. No one's life has ever been ruined by alcohol :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 21st, 2017 at 11:35:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Yeah, it is possible. Just because you don't "die from an overdose" does not mean there are not problems with it. How many people have you met that have all the stoner traits. Slow talking pattern, taking way to long to get a joke or even the point of everything? They are like a 45RPM record played at 33.3. You can tell what they are saying and doing, but there is clearly something wrong.

FWIW, haven't there been problems with the people eating too much of the edibles and having very bad reactions?

Really, I don't care if stoners want to bake themselves to death anymore. If they can't see/don't care about the negatives, just less competition for the rest of us in society.
The President is a fink.
September 21st, 2017 at 12:01:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Really, I don't care if stoners want to bake themselves to death anymore. If they can't see/don't care about the negatives, just less competition for the rest of us in society.

I did pot almost every day for over
a year and came to realize it's where
the bottom feeders dwell. The under
achievers who need to turn their
brains off to survive. It's why successful
authors can be drinkers but never pot
heads. Alcohol stimulates creativity,
pot kills it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 21st, 2017 at 12:25:46 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Depends how you define that quoted word of yours.

No one has ever died from pot. Of course, then you must have the debate no one wants to have, and that's how much pot is to blame for those borderline deaths. When I wrecked my street bike, was it simple statistics that I had done so many stunts I was bound to dump it and my number was up? Was it because I was on 2hrs sleep after all day in 90* heat that borked my brain's ability to balance? Or was it because I was high and therefore "brain stupid"? Me knowing me, I say it's because I was dead tired. Pops still insists it was the weed. Who's to say?

Other than accidents resulting from being doped, the only way weed is killing you is via pesticides or by using a gas mask whereby you die of CO or CO2 saturation.

I dunno. I think the whole thing is an idiotic thing to bitch about. I'm right with terapined that I think alcohol contains a lot more to be disgusted about than weed, from the vehicular stuff to the domestic violence stuff to overdose stuff. But, there's certainly some whitewashing on pothead's part that it's all sun and blue skies all the time. I know I built my entire race car on some level of alcohol intoxication, and it was likely my most successful project ever. Just beautiful from beginning to end. I try to do that s#$% high and "building a car" turns into two hours of "looking for that motherf#$%ing 10mm I JUST HAD!!!1!", and I get nothing done. Then again, I just finished a framing job I just could not figure out... and a whack out of ye olde pop can pipe somehow made a whole idea fall into place and now it's complete. Again, who's to say?

People are different. I thought I recall you saying how you disliked opiates because of the dopey feeling you get. I know Doc has stated same. For me, opiates give me a boost on par with a low potency cocaine. Which one of us are right? Seems to me the only ones who are right are the ones speaking for themselves.

@AZD - I'm not terribly versed as I'm just not that into it, but I believe the act of cooking changes the chemical composition of the active ingredients. It's not a potency thing, I don't believe, just a little twist of chemistry. It, for lack of a better term, "brings out" the trippier part of weed, surprising some folks who weren't ready for it.

This of course is all second and third hand stuff I've heard, likely on NPR or similar. I don't know anyone who cooks regularly, nor have I experienced this "tripping on weed" that some folks have mentioned.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 21st, 2017 at 12:42:48 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Evenbob
Alcohol stimulates creativity,
pot kills it.

??????
facepalm lol
The Beatles drank and wrote 3 min top 40 hits
then
They smoked pot and wrote masterpiece albums such as Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts band